Accident camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accident camera

Recommendations for an accident camera please.
    Had a look on e/bay,found hundreds ranging from £10 - £500

Confused with too much techno

Will be installing on our Merc motor home. 11ft high,8ft wide, 32ft long.

Our last hirer had 3 separate accidents

Thanks.

I've just answered my own question
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HD-1080P-C...item4d12671b8f

i got that one it dose the job its not dear and it woprks
      am going to wire it in when i take the dash out to fit the new radio i got
      this one
      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-Toyota-A...item3aa5e57b3e

i did go into toyota about a new radio and they wanted 750 quid its the same thing it just dont say toyota on the plasic surround like the one i seen in toyota
      you need to have to measurments of your radio email them and he sends the right wire plug to fit you toyota no fuss not cutting any wires easy (untill i do it)
      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

I have a nextbase and run it on a five minute loop set up the g meter is set so that any impacts are protected for review later along with date, time, gps location and speed. The only issue it is forward facing so will only record that information. You can also record sound but IMHO that would be a invasion of privacy if you are hiring out.
        ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
          I have a nextbase and run it on a five minute loop set up the g meter is set so that any impacts are protected for review later along with date, time, gps location and speed. The only issue it is forward facing so will only record that information. You can also record sound but IMHO that would be a invasion of privacy if you are hiring out.
          I second that ! Our family have 3 or 4 of these little beauties and they all work excellently, for the price it does everything and more.

A HGV driver tried to ram me off the road once and it caught everything, even got some muffled sound as he was hanging out of his window. Needless to say this is a very capable bit of equipment for £60.

http://www.halfords.com/technology/d...arcam-202-lite

Comment

As well as being a Surf owner I'm also a Private Hire driver. The insurance company I'm with fitted a Smar####ch camera to my car and reduced my premium by £1000, Yeah business insurance is F---ing expensive! It cost me £48 for the fitting and they send out Autowindscreens to fit it. Its locked and if you have an accident they've got 48 hours to get the smart card out.
            A few weeks ago I was hit by a young girl who pulled out from a junction without stopping or looking causing 6 grands of damage to my insignia. She denied fault and her insurers (the Co-op) refused to pay out. My company retrieved the smartcard and the video showed that she was chatting to a passenger and didn't even look up until the bang!!Her insurers were sent a copy of the video and have had to agree fault.
            Without the camera I would have been right in the S---.and struggled to prove she was at fault. I now would never drive a car without a camera fitted thy are worth their weight in Gold, best £48 I've ever spent, I've now fitted one to the Surf. They don't need to be high-tech but HD is recommended to give a good quality image.

Comment

Funnily enough been looking at getting one of these the last few weeks. Good to see some first hand reports of there effectiveness.

Comment

This is the one i wanted to get but ended up with the modle below it which is great

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...&pf_rd_i=typ01
                ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

i wish i had one of those when i crashed
                  the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Working...
                  X