home made snorkel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home made snorkel

polished stainless steel with a kn filter on top some new rubbers from a mark 2 astra its just the right shape

am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Evening,Liking the snorkel, how have you fixed the pipe to the body? Any chance of a pic from the front.... Thanks Mick.

Comment

yep i'll sort em tomorrow
      all clamps home made
      Last edited by JUDWAK; 30 April 2015, 23:01. Reason: coss iam die lex sick

Comment

sorry for the very late reply
        i made the brakets from sheet metal and shaped them then painted them with hammerite satin smooth and fixed it to the body with stainless tek screws

the stainless tube was 44 quid on ebay its 64.5mm

the bend in the middle is from a astra air intake mk2

Comment

the top has a tensioner with it has its hard to keep it tight the filter moves around for when am off road if it hits anything it will just move then move back

under the bonnet i have takjen the filter box out has am thinking of a intercooler there but am unsure yet

hope this helps

Comment

Nicely done mate, up side of that is you can dump that bl00dy great stock air filter pot, I did similar but as I had the intercooler rad on top I had to keep the filter, I used the inner flue from a combi boiler polished up of course

I did put one either side originally but the off side one is a dummy, took it off a while back, yet to fit some sort of top to the other, no rush tho it's only been like that for about six years
            Attached Files
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

ohh i like that thats wicked popeye like the under colour i have always done black but that red is a nice touch
              i have the front end in bits too
              am taking pics of the bronze bush i think to show on here has i would not know if its fubard or in tip top condition am not even sure what the bronze bush is i just kept going till i found bronze

Comment

Working...
              X