Winch is now fitted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winch is now fitted

Finally finished fitting my new winch today.

Had to cut out plastic valance and get the grinder out to some of the body work to get it to fit but Hey what a result!!!

Bought the winch from a place near Heathrow on EBay (Tradewinchman) for £230+VAT, not a bad price for a 10,000Lb Winch i thought.
    Delivered to my work address (Witham,Essex) at 10.30pm in person, top man.

Had to get my A-Bar modified as well so that the rollers fitted.

Have attached some pics for everyone to admire.

Now all i have to do is start using it??
    Attached Files
    1993 SSR-G 3.0TD KZN130

That looks very proffesional mate well done. FATCAT lee is pondering how to fit his, have you any pictures as you went through the stages of modifying the front end
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Awsome great job

Comment

Looks the dogs do dars!
        Good looking A bar where was that from?
        Chris
        GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

Looks good mate. What have you bolted it to on the truck?
          I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Damn fine fittment sir!!!!

Fish
            (mine is available for 3rd gen test vehicle if you go into buisness doing these)
            If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

Top job mate, looks mint !!
              PUBLIC ENEMY NO.1

Comment

looks realy good but i was just wondering, do you get ANY air through to the radiator?
                mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

Looks really smart - you done an excellent job there.

However. Have you got any support under the mounting plate to give it a bit of extra strength when the pull direction is down from level - i.e if someone is pulling you over the crest of a hill. You might want to have a look at that.

Apart from that little point (and it is only a very little one) I think you have done a superb job.

Well done.

Cheers

Comment

Cooperman, superb job mate, did you take any pics during the installation? or just before and after?

Would be interested in any tips you have.
                    Cheers
                    [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/DONKR1/me.jpg[/IMG]
                    [url]www.qube-art.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Hi all,
                      Thanks for the replies.

I'm afraid i didn't take any pics during the fitting stages but it wasn't that hard to do.

You need to cut out the middle section of the valance which i did with a hacksaw blade. Also where the valance is bolted to the underside of bumper in the middle the metal mountings drop down presumably for number plate? these i had to grind away in order for the winch to fit height wise.

The winch is mounted on a universal mounting plate that was shortened to fit width of chassis. I used two pieces of flat steel 50mm wide by 10mm thick to mount the mounting plate to the chassis where the tow eye bolts on either side.
                      The mounting plate is also bolted to the front crossmember using 4 x 12mm Bolts.

As i didn't have much room at the front for the solenoid box which was rather large, i extended the cables and mounted this under the bonnet, the socket for the flylead was mounted next to the front fog light in the front valance, quite neat really.

The A Bar is the 3" Stainless steel one with axle bars from Roughtrax for £199 + VAT.

Hope this answers the questions that were raised.
                      1993 SSR-G 3.0TD KZN130

Comment

Originally posted by cooperman
                        Finally finished fitting my new winch today.

Had to cut out plastic valance and get the grinder out to some of the body work to get it to fit but Hey what a result!!!

Bought the winch from a place near Heathrow on EBay (Tradewinchman) for £230+VAT, not a bad price for a 10,000Lb Winch i thought.
                        Delivered to my work address (Witham,Essex) at 10.30pm in person, top man.

Had to get my A-Bar modified as well so that the rollers fitted.

Have attached some pics for everyone to admire.

Now all i have to do is start using it??

Cooperman, got the same bullbar as you, what size are your spots , thinking of getting some 6''.
                        [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/DONKR1/me.jpg[/IMG]
                        [url]www.qube-art.co.uk[/url]

Comment

qube,
                          they look similar to these at roughtrax...
                          http://www.toyotahilux.com/index.php...cid=217&vid=23

could be wrong though!
                          So many toys-So little cash

Comment

Working...
                          X