Windscreen replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen replacement

After 7 weeks autoglass (via insurance co) appear to have given up on finding replacement glass for my 3L 96 surf and MOT due next week - can I ask who other people use - getting desperate now as may have to take off road if not fixed before MOT thanks Julie

Hi and have a look at these:

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...part+number%23

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=72130

Hope this helps

Rob
    The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

windscreen

Originally posted by bionicterrapin View Post
      After 7 weeks autoglass (via insurance co) appear to have given up on finding replacement glass for my 3L 96 surf and MOT due next week - can I ask who other people use - getting desperate now as may have to take off road if not fixed before MOT thanks Julie
      hello julie i am having same problem now with auto glass two visits two wrong screens.

did you get sorted out and how did you do it??

mine is a 1997 kzn 185

help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

john

Comment

The Toyota part numbers for a 3rd gen are here:

http://jp-carparts.com/toyota/partli...pe=21&fig=5553

56111-35150 and 56111-35100

Let me know how you get on, mine has quite a few stonechips, none which impact the MOT but I am doing a lot of motorway miles at the moment and it's just a matter of time...
        Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
          The Toyota part numbers for a 3rd gen are here:

http://jp-carparts.com/toyota/partli...pe=21&fig=5553

56111-35150 and 56111-35100

Let me know how you get on, mine has quite a few stonechips, none which impact the MOT but I am doing a lot of motorway miles at the moment and it's just a matter of time...
          thanks for that info, i will pass it to auto glass, i dont know if they will get from that place but at least they will have more information

Comment

Hi there I was with John Lewis Insurance - after two months of autoglass either getting it wrong or not turning up the insurance company eventually told me then had a few other glass replacement people on their list - I think it was AA autoshield they came out twice and twice got it wrong and finally sorted it 3rd attempt - it took me 3 months and my MOT ran out while waiting. autoglass sent me a £25 voucher - should have sent it back !!!

the problem was the seal around the screen they kept getting it wrong. I would dump autoglass if you can - see if your insurance co have any alternatives.

Good luck

Comment

Cant Autoglass just get them from Toyota?

Mine has a chip in too.
              More Lift.
              More Tyres.
              More Engine.

Comment

I don't think it was the glass that the final problem as long as they get the tint right - it was the seal around the glass there are a few variants I think - autoshield had to ring Toyota to get the right one unfortunately I didn't get the part number off them - I would definitely get away from autoglass if you can nearly two months with them and nothing to show

Comment

I have a sneaky suspicion that the trim was also changed mid life for a new design that gave less wind noise...

When I ordered replacement rear windows for mine from Toyota, there were two different options of tint, Grey and Green.

I used a bit of white A4 and compared it through the glass and decided my 97 was grey.

I'm not sure if there was an option for a tinted strip at the top on the 3rd gen? I know that was one of the options for when I needed one on my M3.
                  More Lift.
                  More Tyres.
                  More Engine.

Comment

FYI: (and for the sake of search)

(for US models)
                    56111-35100 TINTED LAMINATED GLASS, T=4.76, BRONZE 1
                    56111-35150 TINTED LAMINATED GLASS, T=4.76, GREEN 1
                    56111-35160 TINTED LAMINATED GLASS, T=4.76, GREEN, W(TOP SHADE)

Only one version came up for a '97 surf: - it looks like surfs were all "Bronze" No sun strip

56111-35100 TINTED LAMINATED GLASS, T=4.76, ブロンズ (Bronze)

Odd as Toyota definitely list the rears as Grey or Green.

Windscreen surround comes put as:
                    DAM, WINDOW GLASS ADHESIVE 56117-35020 for a '97 Surf

Changing to for a 2000-2002

DAM, WINDOW GLASS ADHESIVE 56117-35080
                    More Lift.
                    More Tyres.
                    More Engine.

Comment

Working...
                    X