No announcement yet.

things found in surfs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've got some kind of radar detector on the dash which plugs into the fag lighter and plays a awfull tune if anyone has any ideas what exactly it detects
    i dont fancy speeding and finding out it dont detect speed cameras
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I did my first major clean this week and found some jelly worms under the rear seats, being a fisherman myself they will come in useful.I found a jack ahndle and tool kit in perfect condition( i dont think it has ever been used)
      My surf also came with the cash back facility Not sure how much 10 yen is worth, but hey it all counts.

might look a bit deeper and see what i can find.

Trouble is it looks very clean
      I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

I found a Japanese Stag Beetle in mine the week i bought it. Never decided to finish the inspection incase i cam accross any more . What i don't know , won't hurt !
        !!! I'M THE ONE YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant 1
          I found a Japanese Stag Beetle in mine the week i bought it. Never decided to finish the inspection incase i cam accross any more . What i don't know , won't hurt !
          How do you know it was Japanese??

Comment

It didn't have round eyes !
            !!! I'M THE ONE YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!

Comment

I was looking under the passengers side carpet and next what I can only imagine is the Engine Management system was too Monster cable speakers wires cut right where they would have come through into the door. So I`d imagine I must have had a better sound system once upon a time. I`ve just got a stock Toyota CD player with 12 disc multichanger.

Comment

I found a bag in mine that is cylindrical. It has a valve to pump it up and it inflates into a long (double the length of the bag, because the inside pops out) inflatable tube. Guess its good for those beach days.

Oh and the standard, Jump leads, spare wheel nuts. Oh and a warning triangle under the rear seats.
                "disinclined to acquiesce your proposition - NO"

Comment

Mine came with an expensive looking Kenwood CD changer that runs through a tv, is also a GPS system and has voice activation for something or other. Cables and little black kenwood gubbins all over the place there is. Only thing is, the software is all in Japanese and while I have managed to pretty much work out the GPS, I haven't worked out how to get the software to 'load a disc' from the changer, the only way I can get it to do it is if I remove the cartridge and push it back in. I think there is actually a malfunction from the 'remote loading' so I'm going to rip it all out as it's annoying . I don't think Kenwood do an English version of the software.
                  Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Mine came with 4 big cracks in the cylinder head! Lucky me!

That pesky car salesman again!

Comment

New reply to an old post

I have four mates who are all RAC recovery guys. One of them was telling me that he had a call out one day for a dashboard fault. He reached up under the dash and felt a package. He pulled out an old envelope and chucked it onto the drivers seat. When the owner saw it he asked what it was?

My mate told him he found it under the dash and assumed it was his. The owner confessed that he had only bought the car a couple of months before and that the envelope certainly wasn't his.

Curiousity got the better of them, so the envelope was opened. Inside was £500 in used twenties!! Seems like boyz n the hood used to own it, stashed the cash for latest drug deal under the dash and forgot all about it when they sold the car!!

Now I wonder how many forum users are already crawling around in their footwells??

Rob G

Comment

In the 1st gen - Found half a pack of very dry cigarettes in one of the compartments in the boot, some very sticky mess under a front seat, the rear ashtray stuffed between a front seat and centre console...more sweets under the rear seats and a few american coins. Also found a pass for RAF Mildenhall, a 10 pin bowling ticket, 5 random cassette tapes and a mouldy piece of paper with jap writing on it (it's been in the country since 1998!).

Comment

I'm another big greeny gold bug finder - why do these creatures inhabit Surfs or are they another one of the many optional extras from Toyota Japan?

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
                            How do you know it was Japanese??
                            it ate raw fish
                            Enjoying Life after Cancer
                            Pops

Comment

Found a slack handful of locking wheel nuts in mine - wonder if they actually fit ......

That's it - my first century !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

what about things lost in surfs?
                                i have lost 3 15mm to 22mm copper pipe adapters that i've been on a special trip to buy 3 times... grrrrr... back to b&q....
                                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X