Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New User, New Car...

Hey Guys,

Just joined and just purchased my first Toyota Hilux Surf. It's a 2.7 Petrol SSRX - Auto.

Needs a few things and kitting out but looks better than my old vehicle: Mitsubishi Delica L400!

Looking forward to speaking with you all and learning a few tips. P.S. What or how the hell can I get a roof rack for it?

Hi n Welcome
    Enjoy ya Truck as you'll find out it's a way of life too .....

13+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Hello & welcome Kev

roof rack .. no problem. Open door,look for small location sticker (on door shut at roof)

Try http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/index.php?doc=1

Comment

Cheers guys.

I've looked there as they seem to have all things surf! Sold out of the rook bars and feet though it's the cage I'm struggling with.

Went down some rough roads today to test it and it's so much more fun than a delica. She's a keeper!!

Comment

scrappers

find a scrap yard that will let you walk round i took some front to rear roof bars from an audi a6 1997 they are flat cost me 20 quid bit of tweeking fit great
          taking headlining out was a bigger pain

Comment

Originally posted by Bigzooks View Post
            find a scrap yard that will let you walk round i took some front to rear roof bars from an audi a6 1997 they are flat cost me 20 quid bit of tweeking fit great
            taking headlining out was a bigger pain
            A 2.7 petrol will be a 3rd gen. He will already have the roof rails. It will be the feet for the crossbars he wants.
            Сви можемо

Comment

Yes, Just looking for the feet!

I'm going to weld a good roof rack (cage) to the feet then. Best and cheapest way I can see with the 3rd gen at the moment unless i import a good gobi one which would cost a fortune!

Is it the Thule 741 feet I should be buying? Sorry to ask but many thanks in advance all.

Kev

Comment

Working...
              X