Engine swap idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine swap idea

Since having to rebuild my 2.4 last year ( financial and time based decision ), I'd still love to convert to something bigger, but, I was thinking about it and wondered if everyone was changing to Lexus engines because of the toyota connection.
    If sticking with the Toyota connection, would the V8 from a Lexus LFA go in, or to be completely off the wall, what about a V10 from a Dodge Viper?
    A lot of work but worth it, although the dashboard and firewall might need moving for the V10. Well worth it in the end though

Originally posted by RebelV8 View Post
    would the V8 from a Lexus LFA go in, or to be completely off the wall, what about a V10 from a Dodge Viper?
    I'm not completely sure of your sanity

Comment

Originally posted by andyverran View Post
      I'm not completely sure of your sanity
      Lol, never said I was totally sane, working on the assumption of too much is never enough, and just to be different. You have to say if not, why not!

Insane power gains came to mind recently after I acquired a Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 Type S as a part ex against a car I sold, what a performance monster it is, performance of an R34 with the practicality of a mondeo estate, now wondering as its permanent 4wd if the full running gear would fit........

Comment

you can make anything fit and work if your dedicated enough!

although getting a second hand lexus lfa engine means you will have to sell your house

do the norm, 1uz-fe and forge the internals and twin turbo gt35's with a upgraded gearbox,transfer case and diffs and voila! 1000hp in a hilux

Comment

Even selling my house wouldn't give me enough money for an LFA engine, quite like the idea of a V10 from a viper though, just to be different. Twin turbos, supercharger, touch of nitrous, should just about do it.
          Just need to find a viper engine, lot cheaper than an LFA one

Comment

Ive had those crazy ideas, there is a write off mercedes cl600 at the breakers and found myself thinking about that v12 twin turbo power

Comment

Why not go big diesel power, cummins ISV5.0 . Fords big 7.3 ltr v8 powerstroke engine or the duramax massive power gains and torque figures that go through the roof, we all know you can have as much bhp as you like but without torque it means nothing.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Surely the twin turbo supra engine thinks it's 2jz? Would be an easier swap ??

Comment

It's probably just not worth the effort..

I know how tight a VVTi was length and width ways!
                  More Lift.
                  More Tyres.
                  More Engine.

Comment

It's always worth the effort, if only to prove it can be done, lol

Comment

Working...
                    X