yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Right.. now i am stuck....(thank u Cont)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right.. now i am stuck....(thank u Cont)

Your help is required,

with reference to my last post.

speaking to trading standards...
    i have my deposit back
    dealer is now speaking to his supplier
    they wouldnt adjust the price anyway... even if i wanted it...

But...
    The weirdest thing... guess what arrived through the post today
    the V5 from the dvla... in my name.... hmmmm...

what do i do?

GO and get your car from them straight away!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      GO and get your car from them straight away!

Have thought of that...
      but i think that could get a bit messy!!!

they have asked for the docs back... but i think i need to speak to someone first... i certainly am not just handing them back....
      not with me as the registered keeper....

Comment

That leaves you open to motoring offences ie speeding on any test drives etc.
        You want to get it sorted quick

Comment

!

Originally posted by lagmonkey
          ...The weirdest thing... guess what arrived through the post today
          the V5 from the dvla... in my name.... hmmmm...

what do i do?
          Bought mine Aug 13th, still no V5, 'phoned the DVLA in Swansea yesterday and guess what? The surf isn't registered to me, they obviously can't tell me who it's registered to but I'm guessing it's the guy I bought it from . The nice helpful lady at the DVhellA told me that if I wanted to fill out form V62(?) I could apply for one at a cost of £19, if I have the small green slip that should have come with the car they'd waive the cost..... very good of them I thought .
          Luckily, I have the aforementioned slip and so won't have to pay but what a tremendous policy! Make the previous keeper responsible for registering the vehicle in your name, then if he can't be bothered or it gets "lost in the post" and you don't have that accursed green slip they screw you for £19

Comment

Originally posted by dazzo23
            Bought mine Aug 13th, still no V5, 'phoned the DVLA in Swansea yesterday and guess what? The surf isn't registered to me, they obviously can't tell me who it's registered to but I'm guessing it's the guy I bought it from . The nice helpful lady at the DVhellA told me that if I wanted to fill out form V62(?) I could apply for one at a cost of £19, if I have the small green slip that should have come with the car they'd waive the cost..... very good of them I thought .
            Luckily, I have the aforementioned slip and so won't have to pay but what a tremendous policy! Make the previous keeper responsible for registering the vehicle in your name, then if he can't be bothered or it gets "lost in the post" and you don't have that accursed green slip they screw you for £19
            I think you will find they wait for YOU to send the little green slip before they issue a V5 , not the seller who sends the rest of it .
            So if you still have the green bit they will not issue a V5 until , as you said , they receive the green bit and no charge .

Rick
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Are we talking about the same little green slip, section 10? New Keeper Supplement - To be retained by the new keeper DO NOT send to the DVLA. The registered keeper(seller) must return sections 1 - 8 of this certificate to DVhellA blah blah, detatch section 10 and give this section only to the buyer

Comment

You should have sent a piece of the log book to DVLA when you bought your Surf so it was reregitered in your name . Did you do that ?

Rick
                Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

I would go see them with the paperwork and explain to them your concerns about speeding fines etc tell them you will be returning the logbook to dvla with their business name as the registered keeper, or if there is a sold to trader section on the new style log book simply fill that part in and send it off.
                  If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
                  I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

usually you get 2 bits and the dealer gets 1... both send off a bit and they send you the form in your name... rmember if you don't register it as change of keeper or SORN then you get a £80 fine for no tax too!
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Just been closely looking at the new style v5, recieved the one for Mrs dazzo23's 106 yesterday....
                      Under the "selling your vehicle privately" section It has the following: -

The registered keeper (seller) must;
                      Complete section 6 of the registration doc with the new keeper (buyer) details
                      Complete section 10 - New keeper (green) supplement and give it to the new keeper (buyer)
                      Both the registered keeper and the buyer must sign and date the declaration at section 8
                      Return the page opposite (sections 1 - 8) immediately to:
                      DVhellA
                      (this is were it gets naughty and new rules apply)
                      The registered keeper will continue to be liable for the vehicle until DVLA is informed of the keeper change...........

Section 9 - sale to motor trade
                      Section 10 - green slip for new keeper (headed DO NOT send to DVLA)
                      Section 11 - notification of permanent export
                      There is no section on the new style v5 for the new keeper to send away and, in all honesty and bearing in mind you are liable for the vehicle until dvla is notified, would you trust a buyer to send away the only part of the doc that changes the keeper?
                      A mate of mine did just that lately, the motorcycle in question was involved in a RTA and the rider ran away from the scene, guess who's facing prosecution for failing to notify the change of keeper?
                      Be careful out there, the rules constantly change and hardly ever in your favour

Comment

Working...
                      X