Can't get bottom rad hose off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get bottom rad hose off

I've got rad flush in the cooling system and I cant get the bottom rad hose off. The clips were obviously put on from underneath during manufacture and the air con rad is in the way. Trying to get at the clips from the top is giving me trouble because I cant get at the clip release lugs. Any ideas please.............
    It's only a hobby!

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
    I've got rad flush in the cooling system and I cant get the bottom rad hose off. The clips were obviously put on from underneath during manufacture and the air con rad is in the way. Trying to get at the clips from the top is giving me trouble because I cant get at the clip release lugs. Any ideas please.............
    you need to spin them round, you need something curved round at the end hook it over the furthest lug on the clip when you pull it it loosens allowing it to spin would be easier if you remove the fan only this once
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Thanks Ian. Had a go with a screwdriver, but I think I have just the thing in the shed. I'll let you know how it went.
      Cheers!
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

what engine is it , 3.0 has a drain plug on the block

Comment

It's a 2.4TD. Ive managed to do the work the way Ian suggested. Couldn't find anything with a hook on the end, so I put a small ring spanner through the square hole in the clip and pulled up on it with some long nosed molegrips. Iv'e replaced the original clips with stainless steel jubilee type clips with the fasteners facing upwards!
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
          X