MOT fail, new one on me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOT fail, new one on me.

Hi all, surf just failed its MOT, upper ball joint, not a problem but the amazing thing is it all so failed on the sun strip across the windscreen, 40mm too low. My mot tester said it was just another new thing that has come into the test, even he said it was a bit out of order, so look out if you have a sun strip.
    Attached Files

Sunstrips have always been an issue on cars .
    Your sunstrip isn't allowed to go into the swept area of your wipers . I had a crx fail it's mot 12 years ago on sunstrip in the swept area and I had to remove it for it to pass .
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

I see, just found it strange never had a problem with it before,a sharp knife will sort it. Thanks for the comment.

Comment

Some mot inspectors are strict on it . The majority are very lenient and let it pass . But with mot tests getting tighter and test stations being checked more regularly , they are failing for things like this more and more .
        I think the main reason is that now mots are all computerised they can have someone from vosa Sat outside the test station checking up on them and what cars currently being tested etc so garages can no longer get away with " Oh that wasn't on the car when I motd it , they must have fitted it as soon as they left the garage"
        PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

My mot tester doesn't see de cats and this kind of stuff. This is the kind of mot tester everone needs.

Maybe we could start an online directory of realistic mot testers. We could call it www.blind-spot.org or something

Comment

I thought you used to get 10mm allowance into the swept area....

Technically you can also fit shorter wipers.....

To be fair, I think they look a bit daft anyway....
            More Lift.
            More Tyres.
            More Engine.

Comment

Working...
            X