Hi, new owner of KZN185.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, new owner of KZN185.

Hi all, just checking in. Forum helped alot with research into the purchase so thought I should join and say thanks.

thanks.

Hoping to do a number of longevity mods to the engine and generally keep it in the condition I recieved it it.

Its a great truck so far.

Originally posted by Lewd Lux Lover View Post
    Hi all, just checking in. Forum helped alot with research into the purchase so thought I should join and say thanks.

thanks.

Hoping to do a number of longevity mods to the engine and generally keep it in the condition I recieved it it.

Its a great truck so far.
    Hi and welcome to the forum.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Hello
      Brian

Comment

Hi

Comment

hi,
          pics please?
          the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Ah, yes, pics. My phone went and threw itself off the mortal coil so I'm on a £5 tesco handset at the moment

I fancy giving her a good claybar and paint renovation and getting a proper profile up. in the mean time this was the advert:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Hi-...vip=true&rt=nc

She was owned by the local publican and she only put 10k on her since import in 2009. But for a seaping steering rack the vehicle is pretty minty.

I have a soft spot for white imports. Dont ask. I totally realise its the worst colour for a 4x4 but I dont care!!

Comment

Hi and welcome

Comment

Hello and welcome... truck looks good!

As for steering racks, I got a refurbed one from Roughtrax, pretty cheap, delivered fast and did the job nicely.. I fitted a set of their steering rack polybushes while I was at it... not too bad a job on these!

(much better than on the V8 soarer that belongs to a friend that I did a few weeks back!)
                More Lift.
                More Tyres.
                More Engine.

Comment

Cheers. thats good to know. I just got a delivery from roughtrax for the first service. I'm going to keep an eye on the rack. the truck had been sat for quite a while in a garage so I am hoping a bit of use will refresh the seals a bit and get some movement into it all. Its not even dripped, its just damp so far. If not it'll be a recon for sure.

I'm going to clean up the trans sump and nib up all the nuts and see if that sorts that out. Thats just damp as well but I'm not the type to leave a leak to develop.

Comment

If not its not a huge job to whip off the Transmission sump clean all the old sealant off and reseal... (much easier if you undo the front 4 prop shaft nuts and place it to one side....

Its also allows you to change more of the fluid than you would normally by just letting it drain out. I usually order the proper Toyota orange instant gasket stuff off Ebay. its not that cheap but you know it'll work, and you easily get 2, maybe 3 "seals" at a pinch from a tube.
                    More Lift.
                    More Tyres.
                    More Engine.

Comment

Hello again!
                      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

cheers karma thats on the list of things to do. The fluid has just been changed so I'll leave it for the now but for the time it takes when changing it out it'll be well worth re sealing it. Quality instant gasket will always pay you back!! always..

@wolfracer: There a few multiroomers then... its worth bouncing back and forth for sure. First £10 is in the pot

Comment

Originally posted by Lewd Lux Lover View Post
                          cheers karma thats on the list of things to do. The fluid has just been changed so I'll leave it for the now but for the time it takes when changing it out it'll be well worth re sealing it. Quality instant gasket will always pay you back!! always..

@wolfracer: There a few multiroomers then... its worth bouncing back and forth for sure. First £10 is in the pot
                          I pop back once in a while to see whose heads have cracked recently...
                          "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

OUCHY!

It did make me laugh when on roughtrax you see ''HEADS'' in the same search areas as oil filters and fluids... Tells you they are almost a consumable....

Comment

Working...
                            X