Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions!

Gents,

I've a two inch body lift on my second gen, and am contemplating going from my 31"x10.5 BFG ATs (on some nameless Japanese 15" alloys) to some 32"x11.5 BFG MTs on some 15x8 steels with zero offset.

Question is, does anyone have any experience with this size setup, and secondly, would wheel spacers be needed and if so, what thickness do you think?

Thanks for your opinions...

Owen

33's need a 2+2 set up but this can be achieved with winding up the front torsion bars , about 20mm of ball joint spacers and coil spacers ( see @surfenstein thread ) or using land cruiser springs and a adjustable pan hard rod.
    30 mm Wheel spacers will also help to sort the 15x8's , turning circle and give the truck a better pose. Ask surfensten about them as well as he used to make top hats for the land cruiser springs.

Any pics of the 31.10.5 15 wheels and tyres as i might be interested for my hilux if they are good as i am looking to lift mine slightly.
    Last edited by BioHazard; 25 February 2015, 21:00.
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Yeah, happy to get you some pics, I'll be looking to sell them once I've got the new wheels and tyres. Just need to check the 32"x11.5s will definitely fit a second gen Surf with a two inch body lift before I commit!

Noone here with 32" tyres with that lift who can speak from experience? Anyone?

Owen

Comment

In my experiance you will need more than just a 2" bodylift to run 32s without causing damage, you will have to fettle the front arches to get full lock left to right without tyres hitting, even more so offroad. Get a tape measure out and measure the diameter of the new tyres, just because it says 32" on the side wall doesn't necessarily mean they are.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Hmm, interesting. So in your experience was it the width or diameter of the tyre which was the problem? Could I also ask what the wheel size was and if you had spacers?

Owen

Comment

I have 32's on my truck with a 2" body lift and the torsion bars tweaked up. I could be wrong but I think gamedawn only had 1.5"body lift and a slight tweek on the torsion bars
            I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

I have a 2" body lift and a 2" suspension lift with 33" Cooper Muds on 15 x 10s with a -31 offset. They rub very slightly on full lock.

Comment

Dont get me wrong. I didnt say they would not fit, but alot of the tyres fitting without hitting is to do with the offset of the wheel the actual diameter of the tyre and what width rim its spread over.. one make of tyre with a road biased tread may fit without any modification, but another make of tyre with a more offroad bias may rub, especially on bump steer.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

Jotto, good to know, can I ask what size wheels they are on and would spacers help at all so your torsion bars wouldn't need to be adjusted?

Owen

Comment

Jotto!?

Owen

Comment

Some of Jotto's info is available here

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/member.php?u=97
                      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Working...
                      X