life with the old girl after 2 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• life with the old girl after 2 weeks

well bought the truck 2 weeks ago and i love it, it dosent come without faults but will get through them one by one. went to put in a new rear hub bearing and seal kit but found out that in its former life this had been done but the shaft had been caught with a grinder, thats reason why diff fluid weeping through, so a new shaft on its way soon (thanks tony) once i get this fitted will be happy days. also have serviced it with all new parts and belts. next is to recondition the wheels, will prob paint these gloss black but keep the chrome rim edge. will put up pics later
    advice needed should i do a egr delete what are the pros and cons doing this.
    also have a kumho ventura 265/75/16 tyre virtually new if anyone wants it foc you just need to collect.
    cheers
    vince
    surfs just steal all ya money

Glad you are enjoying your new truck vince. There will be a few of the guys up at my place on Saturday if you fancy calling in.
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by jotto View Post
      Glad you are enjoying your new truck vince. There will be a few of the guys up at my place on Saturday if you fancy calling in.
      that sounds like a plan john what time.

Comment

about delete the egr, i didn't find any problem jet, the 2.4 i deleted a few years back, and no problems, same with 3l. it will be good time to do it while you got it stopped.
        which truck have you got? any pics?
        the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Originally posted by millepeed View Post
          that sounds like a plan john what time.
          Any time after lunch. Would be good to see you.
          I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

I will bring your blanking plates into work Sunday night, will see you Monday morning Mate.
            BTW Folks I still have these plates for sale.

Comment

ok forth attempt at doing the rear hub seal this weekend. this time I have a new rear shaft and new kit (again). fingers crossed this time it will work. brakes heating up with diff oil on them stinks and smokes to high heaven.

Comment

Working...
              X