Whats it worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats it worth?

Hi there i've got a 1996 gen 3 3.0 surf in the goldy/silver colour with 126k on the clock i've had it since june 2013 and loved every second of owning it. Unfortunately due to a change in job and my commute only being a 2 mile round trip i'm looking at swapping to an everyday petrol car as i know diesel engines dont like short runs and never really getting up to temperature! When i bought the truck it needed the power steering pump refurbing and a few other minor jobs doing e.g rack bushes, new tyres and it had a leaking front shocker! It has a stainless steel jaos sump guard and a stainless steel jaos nudge bar on the front and i've never seen another surf with the same bar on. Since owning the truck i've fitted a set of 5 265/75/16 AT tyres onto some -20 offset weller steels,
    refurbed the power steering pump,
    Poly bushed the steering rack,
    regular 6monthly services consisting of oil,fuel and air filters and obviously oil,
    its had both rear half shaft oil seals replaced as one of them started weeping a bit and fresh lsd diff oil,
    its had discs and pads on the front and new shoes in the rear,
    a new handbrake cable,
    a 2" body lift and 10 months ago a full set of +2" monroe springs and shocks all round,
    It has a black lightbar above the windscreen with 4 100watt rectangular lamps all wired up properly with relays and a small discreet switch next to the power etc button in the arm rest,
    Side exit exhaust with outward rolled stainless tip that comes out just in front of the osr wheel
    Putting the key in the lock to unlock it wound me off the clock so i had a remote central locking kit fitted and that works a treat and from a good distance too!
    The interior is in very good condition and the outside in my opinion is in good condition too for a 19 year old truck
    It also has a double din alpine head unit fitted with bluetooth connectivity for hands free calling and audio streaming, also has aux and usb for any other audio source.
    So basically i could do with a bit of info on what i could be expecting to sell it for as i honestly havent got a clue.

Many thanks in advance and i hope you dont all look down on me for not being knowledgeable enough to know what its worth.

This is the only picture i've got on my ipad at the moment because its ###### freezing and i cant be bothered to go out and take some more!
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks nice...

I think it's probably worth just over 2K.

Cheers

Comment

hard to know as there are various prices here and on eBay,
        but for my 2 cents:

there's a dealer in Bolton regularly asking 3300 ish for Gen3 1996/97/98 and wherever he gets them from they seem to be in good order. I'd guess he is selling them for 3100 or 3200 so that's forecourt prices

but they have to be almost as new and SSR-G to fetch that price - there's a red SSR-X Gen3 on ebay that the guy was asking 3.5k for then he reduced it to 3k and it hasn't budged in 2 months but it's as plain as and worth more like 2

for private sales the prices vary quite a bit, the lowest I've seen is 1500 for a Gen3 V6 petrol which was in nice condition but obviously being petrol puts people off. Diesels seem to fetch about £1700 for roughish ones to about £3000 for SSR-G well looked after.

So I'd say yours is somewhere in the middle of that range around 2300

Hope that helps or at least kickstarts a debate!!
        Last edited by rossyroo; 3 February 2015, 19:25.

Comment

Very detailed reply and thankyou very much for taking the time to reply! Its definitely food for thought!

Comment

Working...
          X