Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Surfer

Hi all,
    I purchased a Series 2 surf about a month ago. Had to replace one of the batteries which appeared to die on me, and has been running fine since, until yesterday.
    Went to leave work and just the click, click, click from the starter. Managed to jump start it and got home ok. Put 1 of the batteries on charge, but still no luck in starting this morning, and now I can't get the immobiliser to turn off.
    Any ideas?
    The alarm has a Varad LED scanner on the dash and a Vision shock sensor.
    What is fitted to the Surf as factory standard?
    Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Originally posted by Pharaoh1999 View Post
    Hi all,
    I purchased a Series 2 surf about a month ago. Had to replace one of the batteries which appeared to die on me, and has been running fine since, until yesterday.
    Went to leave work and just the click, click, click from the starter. Managed to jump start it and got home ok. Put 1 of the batteries on charge, but still no luck in starting this morning, and now I can't get the immobiliser to turn off.
    Any ideas?
    The alarm has a Varad LED scanner on the dash and a Vision shock sensor.
    What is fitted to the Surf as factory standard?
    Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Get a drop test done on both batteries to check condition of them. If your truck starts put a volt meter across each battery and check to see if the alternator is charging, you should get a reading between 13 and 14 volts. Then if all this checks out ok it could be the contacts in the back of the starter motor, they may need replacing.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

As mark has said get the batteries checked.Normally if 1 battery goes down it will drag the 2nd down aswell so you end up buying 2 new ones
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
        As mark has said get the batteries checked.Normally if 1 battery goes down it will drag the 2nd down aswell so you end up buying 2 new ones
        Yep do what stormforce said, which appears to be, do what Mark said

Seriously thou you can as part of sorting this out, take the opportunity to rewire to a single battery options and saves buying two at a time.
        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
          Yep do what stormforce said, which appears to be, do what Mark said

Seriously thou you can as part of sorting this out, take the opportunity to rewire to a single battery options and saves buying two at a time.
          LMFAO feeling a little pedantic tonight are we Brian.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
            LMFAO feeling a little pedantic tonight are we Brian.
            At least sarcasim gets a nod on here, over on the Mitsubishi forum it sails over their heads.

A fella post, " thought I was dying this afternoon I passed out and woke shaking uncontrollably never felt this bad in my life " given this post is within two hours of the event, I post " at least you can type"
            Nothing, nad, I mean apart from a load of "hope your ok mate, get well soon mate."

Same day on a how to stop my mitsy from being stolen they carried on talking about leaving in gear, PIR, steel bollards. Despite my easy solve, " park next to a yota they will never take the Mitsubishi "

So I gave up and moved back to where its appreciated
            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
              At least sarcasim gets a nod on here, over on the Mitsubishi forum it sails over their heads.

A fella post, " thought I was dying this afternoon I passed out and woke shaking uncontrollably never felt this bad in my life " given this post is within two hours of the event, I post " at least you can type"
              Nothing, nad, I mean apart from a load of "hope your ok mate, get well soon mate."

Same day on a how to stop my mitsy from being stolen they carried on talking about leaving in gear, PIR, steel bollards. Despite my easy solve, " park next to a yota they will never take the Mitsubishi "

So I gave up and moved back to where its appreciated
              thought you were Matt F in disguise.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Hello new Surfer

Park next to a Mitsubishi & "borrow" his battery

Comment

Thanks all - I searched the forum and tried the disconnect both batteries, leave ignition on for +15 minutes, and then re-connect. Did this (as well as charging the batteries) and the truck started on the key.
                  Will get the second battery checked and replace as required.

On a separate note, I am glad sarcasm is appreciated on here - will make my life so much easier :-)

Comment

Working...
                  X