Gen 3 Surf/Prado/Colorado axle compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gen 3 Surf/Prado/Colorado axle compatibility

Can anyone tell me whether the rear axle from a late 1990s Prado/Colorado is the same as a Gen 3 Surf.
    My Surf rear axle needs a full rebuild and it may be quicker/easier/possibly cheaper to source a good secondhand axle.
    Thanks,
    Mark

Originally posted by markp2 View Post
    Can anyone tell me whether the rear axle from a late 1990s Prado/Colorado is the same as a Gen 3 Surf.
    My Surf rear axle needs a full rebuild and it may be quicker/easier/possibly cheaper to source a good secondhand axle.
    Thanks,
    Mark
    A 1990's Prado/Land Cruiser will have a 2.4TD engine probably automatic. It will be a different ratio to your 3.0TD Surf.

Best to get a diff from the same type of car, the ratios differ from engine size & gear box type be it auto/manual.

I'd be quite surprised if you couldn't find one the same as your car as there are plenty of Surfs been broken.

Comment

Originally posted by markp2 View Post
      Thanks,
      Mark
      Yes, the late 90s Prado/Colorado (post 1995 or 1996 I think) has the same chassis and axles as the 3rd Gen. Check the parts code number for axle parts on RT's or Milners' websites, you'll find they are the same.

Cheers
      Last edited by tashtego; 3 December 2014, 21:12.

Comment

The axles are not quite the same,

UK Colorados have electronic locking diffs, and disk brakes.

I'm on the look out for a non E locker version for my truck, so I will have the disk conversion
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

Working...
        X