No announcement yet.

Would you buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From trayback to bareback in 12 moves. Only in hilux surf, I love this place

Comment

36 years of Tory rule from the last 58 years, never voted for by Scotland. Why would we stay, if fact if your north of the m25 why stay?
      Brian

Comment

Moving this thread back on track and away from politics, when do we start this build?
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

I wouldn't buy anything that far modded, if i wanted a proper off road loony tunes toy car I'd build something from scratch, modding an existing vehicle to the point of dubious legality is still going to compromise ability and wont work out much cheaper in the long run.

Comment

It would appear you have no experience of doing this then, because your talking rubbish.
            Alan

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
              It would appear you have no experience of doing this then, because your talking rubbish.

Remember Wiki Dave? It's his brother.

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                me? I have plenty of experience of modified vehicles legality as it happens.

i also have the commons sense to see that its the same amount or less effort to use a bespoke chassis designed to take a solid front axle than it is to take a car with an IFS remove it, remove the IFS mounts, source a solid axle and the fittings to go with it and then add the chassis mounts and then fit it, remove the rear half of a body shell, tidy it up, build a cage, build a tray back and all the other bits and pieces and then still have a truck limited by its being originally designed as an on/off road compromise such as the long wheelbase and the rear overhang, neither of which you can do anything about and stay legal for road use.

besides the question was "would you buy...."

and my answer was thati wouldn't, had the thread been titled,

"Would you buy this but dont bother posting if you wouldn't"

then maybe i wouldn't have posted, it seems very much like anything that disagrees with the status quo gets very rude replies on this forum.

i didnt jump in the thread saying you lot didn't know what you were talking about despite the fact that being Surf fans is obviously colouring your opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by popuptoaster View Post

i also have the commons sense to see that its the same amount or less effort to use a bespoke chassis designed to take a solid front axle than it is to take a car with an IFS remove it, remove the IFS mounts, source a solid axle and the fittings to go with it and then add the chassis mounts and then fit it, remove the rear half of a body shell, tidy it up, build a cage, build a tray back and all the other bits and pieces and then still have a truck limited by its being originally designed as an on/off road compromise such as the long wheelbase and the rear overhang, neither of which you can do anything about and stay legal for road use.

then maybe i wouldn't have posted, it seems very much like anything that disagrees with the status quo gets very rude replies on this forum.

i didnt jump in the thread saying you lot didn't know what you were talking about despite the fact that being Surf fans is obviously colouring your opinions.

Not that Yoshie or Kerrsurf need any defending, but you really are talking twaddle.
                  For the aforementioned duo to carry out this work would be well within their competency levels.
                  I would, funds permitting have full faith in their ability to carry out such a build on my behalf.
                  You mention having a bespoke chassis for the job?
                  Why exactly?
                  The cutting off of the IFS and the install of SAS has been well documented and with the right tools and experience a worthwhile mod, btw I am not sure that Yoshie was going down the SAS route and was using that picture as an example.
                  You also mention the grief of turning an estate car into a cab, you have seen Yoshie's build haven't you?

Rear over hang ?
                  What rear over hang.

Of course it will be a compromise, unless of course you can show me the perfect off roader?
                  Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by popuptoaster View Post

Not sure where to start.....
                    Alan

Comment

Quality reading. Starting to wish I stayed on here all this time i've been away

Comment

You'll want a 3rd gen V6 petrol for that Much better!
                        Take your words, put them on a plate, add a little bit of humble pie, and eat them!

Comment

Working...
                        X