Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window,how to close with tailgate open

Hi guys.
    im stripping my surf of the awful cheap window tinting thats been done,and run into a problem. side windows are done,and im starting on the rear,but have hit a snag. ideally i would like the tailgate down,with the window in its up position to scrap off the silver tint. however,with the tailgate down,and the side latches in the closed position,when i try to raise the window, i get a beep from the cockpit /dash area, and no movement of the window. cant seem to find a sensor anywhere,so im a bit stumped. called auto asylum who do my tinting for me, but he's never had a surf with a rear window that works,so has no experience.
    anyone offer any clues?
    im operating the window using the tailgate key, if thats any help.

Click both latches closed.

Lift the handle to release them when you're done.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

yes, i've done that.but cant raise the window.
      should i be using the console switch,instead of the key in the tailgate?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

sorry,mate..
        gone full retard,must have been breathing in too much acetone !!
        was only putting the latches round to the first click,not the second.

thanks for that, my apologies.

Comment

Make sure you surpport the window if its out with the tail gate down .....they tend to break
          ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

I was messing around with mine the other week, its actually not that hard to get it right out and probably less risky/easier to work on.

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
              Make sure you surpport the window if its out with the tail gate down .....they tend to break
              indeed,it does look weak. i only intend to do the very edges of the window full out.most of the nasty silver stuff has worn there. the rest of it i will do inside the truck with the window up,as i can get more leverage on the scraper that way.its coming off much easier than i thought i would, just have to see if the glue is as easy to dissolve as the black tint on the side was.
              thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by popuptoaster View Post
                I was messing around with mine the other week, its actually not that hard to get it right out and probably less risky/easier to work on.
                have thought about it, i've found a second hand one thats not tinted,and i need to source some panel clips for the rear card and front door cards,so that was going to be my back up plan. would be a good opportunity to clean the electrical contacts and grease the mechanism up,too.
                thanks.

Comment

thanks for the help,guys!
                  have done the decent thing a put another £10 in the forum kitty.
                  money well spent.

Comment

Working...
                  X