Our Wedding Nightmare (long winge)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Wedding Nightmare (long winge)

As you may or may not know, myself and my good lady went out to Jamaica last Tuesday to get married, with the company of our parents.
    It was all fantastic until hurricane Ivan f**ked it up.

You can see the photos by clicking here
    We were due to get married on the Friday, but Ivan persuaded us to bring it forward to Thursday.
    • Got married at 11am.
    • Evacuated from Jamaica at 2pm
    • Utter chaos at montego bay airport
    • Boarded plane at 6pm
    • arrived at Domincan Republic, Jak Tar resort at 11pm

At this point, We did not know the location of either of our sets of parents.
    When we looked to contact the reps in the morning it was bedlam.
    We found out via a text message that my parents were still on Jamaica (cue immense worry) and when we eventaully tracked down a useful rep, discovered that Jen's parents were in the Dominican but at a different resort.

We had a brief tour of our new surroundings and were dismayed to find we had been dumped in a hot butlins, complete with knobbly knees contest.

We had come from a 5 star resort with concierge service to a 3 star all inclusive place, what made it worse wat that some folk that were self catering on Jamaica were also located here.

We contacted our tour operator and asked to be moved to where Jens parents had been located (5 star resort) to be told " you stay where you are or go home" So we came home 1 week early.
    • 1545 dominican to JFK new york
    • 2130 JFK - Heathrow
    • 1630 heathrow - teeside (thats right, 7 hour wait)
    • 1830 drive home to Newcastle.

Now we are being told that we are entitled to zero refund, but working on it.

My parents are still in Jamaica (at the Ritz Carlton!) and safe, Jens parents still at the dominican
    Charlie Don't Surf..http://static.photobox.co.uk/public/...10805138.s.jpg

need password to view pics!...

and besides, just married, neither sets of parents to bother you... what the f are you doing typing on here?... turn the heating on so it feels like jamaica and get jiggy!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

HOLIDAYS FROM HELL. Sorry it went bad with the weather, Just take a look at your SURF & SMILE.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Does this link work?

Comment

Yup!

I am gutted for you, the place looked luvvly. At least you got married and have that day to remember.

Rich.
          Last edited by rich; 13 September 2004, 18:45.
          If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Originally posted by rich
            Yup!

I am gutted for you, the place looked luvvly. At least you got married and have that day to remember.

Rich.

Lovely like you wouldnt beleive!!

The like their hilux's on chrome rims out there, only saw one surf/4 runner.
            Didnt get a pic as I was a little too stressed.

Comment

Personally, I would have stayed in the Domican Republic and enjoyed the two holiday locations for the price of one. What a story to tell the grandchildren?

Anyway, what are you doing logging on here during your honeymoon? You won't have any grandchildren to tell the story to at this rate!!!!!!
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                Personally, I would have stayed in the Domican Republic and enjoyed the two holiday locations for the price of one. What a story to tell the grandchildren?

Anyway, what are you doing logging on here during your honeymoon? You won't have any grandchildren to tell the story to at this rate!!!!!!

I almost agree with you, but sub standard accomodation and the fact that we did not know where my parents were kind of put a dampner on things.

as for logging on during my honeymoon, I've rescheduled that for early next year!!!

Comment

Working...
                X