How frustrating is ebay??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
    You could tow that with an Astra ( well not all Astras obviously ) but any operational one.
    Fcuker
    Lol
    More appropriate use for the dis-astra would be as an anchor.

But on a serious note my truck would have failed the previous years MOT as I had orange side lights.Go figure.
    The previous tests have all passed ok or failed on something mundane and easy/cheap to fix.Ball joints rubber boots being split or the rear ARB clips.
    My truck is in her twenties now on her second cam belt over 200k+ I could get the actual mileage but I cant be bothered.

It is used for lugging me around on my fishing trips, it gets used for ladies that lunch, airport runs high days and holidays, when the winter comes round again the MRS will have the choice of the Surf for her commute to work as the road regularly floods.

The most expensive single item I have bought has probably been the new radiator.

If you get one that has been well looked after, then regular ongoing maintenance should see you enjoying your motoring.
    Last edited by shokenore; 18 June 2014, 21:37.
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post

The most expensive single item I have bought has probably been the new radiator.

If you get one that has been well looked after, then regular ongoing maintenance should see you enjoying your motoring.
      Mine is 18 years old, Ive had it for 7. Apart from maintenance and consumables Ive never spent a penny on it because I had to. ( A few because I wanted to) and as I said Ive used it to drag rubbish and bulky items around for various family members, Its done shopping trips, school runs. Ive dragged a tin snail up and down scotland with it. Its been borrowed by my daughter on numerous occasions. Its dragged a broken down Transit full of tools and junk, its dragged various lesser vehicles up out of our street during the 2010 snows. Its NEVER failed an MOT yet and its rarely had an advisory.
      Сви можемо

Comment

I pull my 1968 15ft speed boat (Prolly heavier than a rib)behind my gen 2 3l, you barely know its there.

Comment

Them Tallybans load 'em up with all kind of cannons and camels and such and they never post up with issues, so no worries methinks...

Just gotta find the Right One, if it's been beat it's gonna be beat. The extra pound you spend to grab a good one will save you three fixing up a 'bargain'.

The nicer 2nd gen 1KZ-T's are going for 3.5k ~ 5.5k GBP here now, way up from what I spent a couple of years ago. Even with way more mileage people want 'em, lots with fresh respray now and looking good.

Glad I got in when I did.

Comment

DONT BUY A TERRACAN!!!!

There is a fault, publicised quite well, but you have to go looking for it, where the fuel pumps start to disintegrate internally putting tiny metal shavings into the fuel system, and eventually causing it to block.

This happened to our 2005 one when towing our stock trailer out of the village, just died with no fuel getting to the engine. After a lot of investigation it was found that the fuel lines were blocked. Hyundai didn't want to know, but quoted over £3k to put it right.

Don't bother with a Pajero either. I use mind to tow one of the cattle trailers around, and it really labours it, compared to our third gen that doesn't even feel it, even with our bull on board.

Go for a third gen or an LC or Patrol.
            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

This is all good stuff thanks chaps

Appreciate the advice on here, shame was close to a Terracan, guess it goes to show there is a reason they are cheap......
              Will keep looking for a Surf, got my eye on one on ebay, hopefully viewing tomorrow so fingers crossed.........
              After almost getting my rubbish 5 series stuck in the sand today, methinks me needs to act soon.....

Comment

You could just by a Subaru Outback or Forrester.
                Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

We had a Forrester a couple of years back, amazing cars. Couldn't fault it and it never got stuck anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                  X