Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courier for wheels

Evening folks.

I'm looking at buying some alloy wheels on devilbay, but the seller will not ship. He will however, send them if i book the courier.

Any idea how much it would cost to ship four 16" alloys (no tyres) from near London to Yorkshire & can you recommend a courier to do it?

Cheers

James

Try any van. If you tell them the details they basically get couriers to bid for it. Probably about £40 at a guess.
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

http://www.directcouriersolutions.co...duct.php?id=65

£49.95 for 4 4X4 wheels with tyres
      Last edited by andyverran; 8 June 2014, 00:29.

Comment

Cheers Chaps. If the guy will move on price it could be a goer

Comment

Assuming a trip of approximately 210 miles, taking into account the start location of the van, from 'London' to 'Yorkshire' and the average mpg of the van at, let's say 38 overall, and diesel at £1.37/litre then one way would cost them approximately £34.37, £29.00 if they get 45 average mpg.
          So, for the £49.99 they have to cover all their costs, and get home again, so if your vehicle can carry them, and does more than 45 mpg average and you pay less per litre, it's still more expensive doing it yourself.

And you might get lost, and therefore use more fuel.
          Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Which is the same reason I get Royal Mail to deliver my letters rather than do it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by davec170 View Post
              Which is the same reason I get Royal Mail to deliver my letters rather than do it myself.
              Brian

Comment

Originally posted by davec170 View Post

Comment

have had good experience with http://www.paisleyfreight.com/ in the past. Very good prices!

Comment

Working...
                  X