Sky Car Insurance *Thumbs Up*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky Car Insurance *Thumbs Up*

No, they're not Sky TV...but after finding an old thread on here I decided to give them a go as Flux were not great and their payment terms were poor.

A-Plan (another from here) didn't get back to me so I searched here, again. The Sky Car Insurance lad was really good to talk to and understood the market. Mods (wheels, body lift and future 2" suspension lift at no extra cost) were no problem.

Happy with the result and saved £60 over Flux.

Worth a shot if you're struggling

Good to know..

Can I ask what it cost chap?
    Any mileage limits?

Comment

Just asked my mileage and I said 9000 or under.

The 5000 that Flux had was too little last year. 9000 will do it for me.

It was £360 fully comp, protected ncd, courtesy car. Bearing in mind I have 9 points and a claim on my name (even though that claim was a named driver - long story, don't get me started), so I'm happy.

I tried a few after reading here. LV for example. Heard good things. £1200! Hahahahahaha! Alright, calm down! lol

The lad from Sky was sound and just got the whole thing.

Comment

went to compare the market and autonet came in at £270, down from £520 at AF
        No points, 9 years protected no claims and 12,000 per year

Comment

Yeh, CTM was giving me good ones...but when you go to the site of the one you chose (regardless of setting import on CTM) they often can't do it.

Double check it's defo down as an import and not a 4runner.

My 9 points and a claim will keep me in the 300s for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post
            Yeh, CTM was giving me good ones...but when you go to the site of the one you chose (regardless of setting import on CTM) they often can't do it.

Double check it's defo down as an import and not a 4runner.

My 9 points and a claim will keep me in the 300s for a while.
            I had the same problem with CTM and similar, quotes they can't really do....

The points may make little difference, mines £352, no points , 8K miles and max discount...though it looks like I may only do 4K miles this year, so might help next renewal.

Comment

5k last year was no good for me. I might be less this year but I went with 9K to be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post

I tried a few after reading here. LV for example. Heard good things. £1200! Hahahahahaha! Alright, calm down! lol

The lad from Sky was sound and just got the whole thing.
                Interesting about LV as that's who Im currently with and was really pleased with their quote at the time. My dad however tried them last month, same 3rd gen as mine yet they wouldn't quote for it despite me giving them my policy details. Looks like Ill be trying Sky at renewal. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                X