yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi, I trying to find out what my surf is? if it is a surf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I trying to find out what my surf is? if it is a surf?

Hello, I have owned a awesome truck for 7 years, being up mountains, slept in it, moved un-told amounts of junk in the back. As far as i can tell its the most practical vehicle ever made. Its a jap import, with a 5 speed manual gearbox and select-able either rear wheel, or 4x4 high or 4x4 low with automatic hubs.
    This I believe is like a normal highlux? most surfs are automatic? Mine says surf on the back with a ssx(i think) badge. What I dont get is I have never seen another one like it. Mine has a electric back window in the tail gate and the entire back comes of if I undo the trim, turning it more in to a jeep than a flat bed. It also has only 2 front doors, back seats that fold down and no bulk head. It says on the paper work its from 1989? can any one tell me if it is a surf or a japanese hilux with a surf badge on it. Oh its 2.4 Diesel with no turbo.
    I will post some pics when i work out how too.
    Nice forum and I hope you can help

Hi and welcome pictures would be good, is it like this
    Attached Files
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Hi Koi, Thanks for picture, yes that's the one! thank you! What is it?
      Mine looks to have a few small trim differences like chrome bumper, mirrors and the top to mine was wight once. but everything else looks identical.

Comment

Originally posted by kaister View Post
        Hi Koi, Thanks for picture, yes that's the one! thank you! What is it?
        Mine looks to have a few small trim differences like chrome bumper, mirrors and the top to mine was wight once. but everything else looks identical.
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Hilux_Surf

How long have you owned it for?
        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

thanks that's the one! so its a first gen surf! Awesome I have had it for 7 years ish. (now I know what parts to order) I was getting very confused!
          Mine looks nearly identical to the one on that link, except light grills/sheilds, spot lamps and window plastic bits.
          I bought it from a dealer who got it as a trade in from a farmer(so he said) originally I had it for moving a bouncy castle that I used to rent out, Sadly it only gets used about once a month due to work. Although when it does get used its loads of fun,,,,
          Last year me and the truck was being a taxi through a marsh/swamp from a car park to one of those outdoor parties about 1km each way, All off road, charging a one can of beer per person one way
          In the morning I towed out all the cars and vans that got bogged in.

earlier this year me, a mate and the truck decided, after dropping off some furniture in wales to go up a mountain we could see in the distance, so we did, in a thunder storm, it got all the way up and back down,,,,These things really can go anywhere. At several points the truck was nearly on its side at nearly 90 degrees both up and down.

Comment

Roughtrax might be a good start for parts they are Keynsham based.
            Give them a call
            http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/index.php?doc=1

Post up some pics of your truck.
            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

as you can see its blue, pretty good nick considering the age!
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X