Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No luck so far!

greetings gents,
    always loved these vehicles,since a friend bought one and parked it on my drive,totally dwarfing my honda CRV. this last week i have travelled 500 miles to see 4 cars, and sadly had to walk away from them all. if it had not been for the helpful advice on purchasing i have read on this site,i've no doubt i could have picked up a complete lemon!

many thanks for that.when i do find one,i will sub up and repay my debt to you all. but so far ,ebay and auto trader are coming up bare. still a couple to see, but at the other ends of the country,of course.
    any one know of a good one near wiltshire,or within a reasonably distance,please let me know.
    once again,my thanks and gratitude.

what a result!

got one! and its a good one. 93 2nd gen,with just over 103,000 miles, beautiful condition,everything works,unmarked bodywork,and an engine bay that is cleaner than my kitchen.well looked after,by an older gentleman,nearly a years tax and 5 months mot. £2000.
    time to pay my subs

Comment

Hope you have many happy miles in it.
      Brian

Comment

Post up some pictures.

Another truck for the Wiltshire posse.

And welcome along.
        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by scott-lee View Post
          got one! and its a good one. 93 2nd gen,with just over 103,000 miles, beautiful condition,everything works,unmarked bodywork,and an engine bay that is cleaner than my kitchen.well looked after,by an older gentleman,nearly a years tax and 5 months mot. £2000.
          time to pay my subs

Hello & welcome Scott

Older gentleman. You saying the transaction took 2 hours as he rambled on about every penny spent,the special toothbrush to access that difficult to clean area behind the turbo. not forgetting the little red button story.

Comment

the red button story..........always a classic.but it was a very detailed breakdown of what he had done to it,so worth listening too. his son has a surf as well,seems they both knew these cars ,and their knowledge was in keeping to what i learnt on here,so all good.
            looking forward to picking it up on tuesday,and a nice 125 mile trip back.
            dammed if im going back on the M25,M4 or any other motorway! cross country is the way!

Comment

Originally posted by scott-lee View Post
              dammed if im going back on the M25,M4 or any other motorway! cross country is the way!
              Damn straight!

Comment

Where in Wiltshire are you buddy?

Comment

Welcome to the forum, enjoy your surf

Comment

been living in chippenham for the last 7 years

Comment

subs paid. worth every penny for the sound advice

Comment

You're a little blue star Scott

Comment

Ive googled, Ive duck duck go,ed it and can find no reference to cameras being illegal or banned in either Chippenham or in Wiltshire in general.

So, while Id like to welcome you to the joys of Surf ownership, Im not convinced you have one, you might just be making it all up.
                          Сви можемо

Comment

Pics, we need pics!

Comment

Glad you got a nice example! Mine is considerably less tidy than yours sounds (but for the money and trade I did, I'm happy enough.)

Now let's see some pics!

Comment

Working...
                              X