Fuel Light Bingo; 3rd Gen Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Light Bingo; 3rd Gen Edition

This game is also known as Fuel Light Roulette.

The gist of the game is that you keep going for as long as you dare after the fuel light comes on.

Mine came on just before 460km. It went to 500.1km then stopped completely just as I was about to turn into the forecourt of the petrol station.

This is one of the highest mileages I've gotten in a surf. I normally get about 350km, but that's all start stop in town. This time I had gone to a hillclimb fully laden in the Burren in Clare, then out into the wilds of Connamara and across the bogs and mountains, then about 175km in town.

I now know that from completely dry to brimmed tank takes 70.77 litres (€105.38; €1.489/litre), and will drain the battery trying to pump the diesel back into the system. Thankfully a local cabbie came along, recognised the surf, and stopped to make sure I was ok.

Lesson for the future; fill up when the light comes on.

I absolutely agree!!

I've noticed it more since I fitted the V8...

I'm not sure if it is because.....

a, I buggered up the sender fitting the fuel pump
    b, it was always dodgy, but it is just thirstier now

I did once run out, as a stock diesel.. this was the first time this had happened to me ever... so maybe they are a little... "close"
    More Lift.
    More Tyres.
    More Engine.

Comment

Not in my Surf so I don't know if it counts but from Ilfracombe to the M5 with the fuel low light on..........
      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Running trucks dry is never a good plan.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

i used to get between 20 - 40 km out of the orange light in my 2nd gen...

ran out too many times...

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
            i used to get between 20 - 40 km out of the orange light in my 2nd gen...

ran out too many times...
            My this game sounds healthy, what with all that walking...
            Good job my light doesn't work.

Comment

You would have thought they would have a large reserve in them seeing as they are supposed to be able to cross the Sahara!
              Once that light is constant and bright it's time to refuel.

Comment

Working...
              X