I fkin luv my surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I fkin luv my surf

My truck has been sat out the front for the last two months.
    In that time I have done the body lift, sprayed and then resprayed(don't ask) my new bumper, I have made my satoshi style front grille, and dechromed and sprayed up the side lights, fitted a whole new decent set of seats, fabbed up a radiator lower, and resoldered the radiator and changed the hoses and junked those stupid crossover pipes, fitted a new oil cooler and probably about twenty other things that I have forgotten about !!
    So time has come to move it off the front lawn to stick it on the drive so I can fit my spring spacers
    Bit disappointed that the aux voltage meter only showed 7 volts with the key in the aux position
    No chance of cranking with that.
    Bit sad
    Saw the NS battery indicator window was black and not green, so whipped it off and stuck the old dis-astra battery on
    After the glow plug sequence had finished let it turn over very briefly
    Let it run through the glow plug sequence again and tried it and she started
    Bit of grey smoke and I mean a little bit
    She is idling at 750 rpm sounds sweet as a nut battery charging at a steady 13.7 volts
    Happy days
    I fkin love my Surf
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Dis-astra paid for itself then

Comment

Originally posted by andyverran View Post
      Dis-astra paid for itself then
      Funnily enough when I mentioned that to the Mrs the response was a very Marge-like hmmm.

The Dis-astra battery is a 720 CCA 72AH, which got me thinking what would be the comfortable minimum I could start the Surf with...

Losing one of the batteries would give me some much needed space under the bonnet
      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Glow-Plug-Sequence?

whut?
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
          Funnily enough when I mentioned that to the Mrs the response was a very Marge-like hmmm.

The Dis-astra battery is a 720 CCA 72AH, which got me thinking what would be the comfortable minimum I could start the Surf with...

Losing one of the batteries would give me some much needed space under the bonnet
          might not work for a surf...but i can dream
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3x_kYq3mHM

Comment

Went to Newquay this weekend which is bang on 300 miles each way. Many folk would baulk at taking an 18 year old car down the M1, M42, M5 and A30 at motorway speeds all day but it performed perfectly.

I used 60 quid of diesel each way, so I got 600 miles for 120 quid. At £6.15 a gallon (IIRC), that is 19.58 gallons. That works out about 30.65 mpg, which I found to be a pleasant surprise, as I wasn't hanging about.

The truck looks like a 2½-ton fly swatter but when I got out, I patted it.

"Good truck, good truck."
            Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Working...
            X