Welcome to me .. Lifted surf wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to me .. Lifted surf wanted

Hi, i didnt realise this was the procedure here an was waiting for my account to be activated.
    Oh well, made it anyway.

I'm a jap vehicle afficionado, bikes, fast/track cars etc ... Now need a good al rounder!!

I'm after a big tyre lifted surf in good nick, ready to pay good money for the right car. Theres currently a black one on ebay with lime green bits painted in (not my taste but easily fixed) problem is it has ac removed and i need ac badly and am not hands on.

The ones in the for sale section that are raised seemed to of sold already. Please let me know of any selling. Thanks

hello & welcome to you Mel.

Comment

Green and black one is my old truck, had a new head fitted, done by me and and I did a lot of the mods.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Ah ..... Hi Alan, where is it now? Still going strong? It seems hard to find decent modified examples... Really wanted one for a trip abroad and to leave out the as go abroad alot.... I spend what these cost over a 3-4 year period and these surfs are better so makes sense to just buy my own.

If anyone knows a member thinking of selling please let me know.

Theres a guy who sells these all the time via ebay, anyone know of him?

Comment

Last edited by MadScott; 17 May 2014, 09:36. Reason: nvm

Comment

Not sure but it went down south, the guy came up to pay for it and collect it from my brother who bought it back from a guy in Plean who bought it from the guy in Elgin who came down to but it from me.
            I bought the truck in Bristol so it's been all up and down this fair land.
            Alan

Comment

There are a sh1t ton of surfs out there.
              Yes a few are complete sh1t, but if you look hard enough and are lucky enough you will find what you are after.

An idea on spec age, condition and budget might be helpful though, especially if any potential sellers are perusing the pages.

FYI
              http://www.gumtree.com/search?q=toyo...rent_distance=
              Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the link, happens to be one new one one there today.
                I went to high Wycombe to test a couple yesterday. Pretty good, the blue raised one was a bit dented all ove the body and not sure I like the wallow of the rear suspension as supports have been removed, not bad though.

I'm looking for a fairly clean example in and out. automatic, ac working and preferably with large alloy large tyres and with a little lift.
                I like the white petrol one for sale in the for sale section. That's the look I'm after. No need for uprated suspension or bigger uprated parts but an updated rad and good service history is a bonus.

Emailed the seller twice but no response at all.

I believe gen 2 have the better chassis, but again I'm not that fussed.
                The going rate for a decent one is around the 3-4k mark spec dependent and that's what I'm good for.

So the raised blue one on auto trader and gumtree I've driven and seen. The black one in Southend on eBay is manual and there's a black with lime green arches/door handles on eBay and that has the ac removed, which is very important for my use.

Not the best of luck so far!!

How are the petrol engines 3.4's? As indestructible as the diesel 3.0td's?

Comment

Nothing wrong with the 3rd gens chassis.
                  Some quite like the idea of a larger interior.
                  Some of the 3rd gens come with multi mode 4wd.
                  NONE of those engines are indestructible.Far from it no service no oil change no coolant will kill most if not all engines.
                  3-4k should see you getting a fairly decent 3rd gen.
                  Keep looking.
                  Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

The 2.7 petrol engine is very good in my opinion.

I had an 'oh sh*t!' moment with mine, thought the head had cracked like the diesels sometimes do, turns out it was a gasket.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=76835
                    Alan

Comment

I'm viewing a white third gen tomorrow. The guy seling said its a 3rd gen 185 model.
                      Whats the 185?

As I'm new to these, could someone tell me how you tell the difference between 3rd and 2nd gen?

Service wise yes that's like most cars but, these if serviced, rad changed, belts etc can apparently drive like a Trojan .... No?

Comment

Wrong manufacturer
                        Mitsubishi did the Trojan.
                        Unless that is want you want.
                        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Ha sorry I meant drive like a trojan in terms of being invincible.

Thanks for the help.

As i cant find a modified one to my liking/needs. Could someone recommend somewhere/someone who could supply and fit a rancho 2" lift kit?

Also the wheel tyre combo can go up to a 16" rim and 75 wall tyre on a 2" lift. Whats the largest combo without a lift?

I'm sure i'll get there!

Comment

The 3rd gen is from 96 on, they have the lift up tailgate like a normal estate car, 2nd gens have the flap down door.
                            3rd gens also have coil spring rear suspension instead of the old leaf springs.
                            And most have multi mode 4x4 meaning it can be used in 4 wheel drive on dry tarmac without trashing the transmission.
                            Just an updated slightly bigger truck really,
                            3rd gen = better drive
                            2nd gen= more chunky looks

Ask lots of questions about overheating and the cooling system as the heads can go on them. Anything other than clean coolant in it? walk away

Interiors can get shabby easily so check that out too.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobbslc View Post
                              The 3rd gen is from 96 on, they have the lift up tailgate like a normal estate car, 2nd gens have the flap down door.
                              3rd gens also have coil spring rear suspension instead of the old leaf springs.
                              And most have multi mode 4x4 meaning it can be used in 4 wheel drive on dry tarmac without trashing the transmission.
                              Just an updated slightly bigger truck really,
                              3rd gen = better drive
                              2nd gen= more chunky looks

Ask lots of questions about overheating and the cooling system as the heads can go on them. Anything other than clean coolant in it? walk away

Interiors can get shabby easily so check that out too.

Good luck.
                              Some have the multi mode option.As it was a factory option the only way of knowing is to look.
                              Rear leaf springs?
                              Are you sure?
                              Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
                              X