###### red tape!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ###### red tape!!!

So whilst I was away from surf'dom there's been a few changes regarding legislation around modifying your vehicle down here in Godzone.

My first surf had a modest 1" body lift, to make room for the oversize rims/tyres, sailed through WOF's (Warrent of Fitness, or MOT for you lot up there) without any drama's, then some pen pushing (choose expletive of your choice) decided that we are all far to irresponsible to just fit an oversized washer ourselves without having someone check it out, so now, and ya gonna love this, we need to get it certificated, in fact reading the LVV thresh-hold document (which you can peruse here should you choose http://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents/su..._Threshold.pdf )
    apart from MOST cosmetic changes and swapping out shit OEM stuff for superior aftermarket stuff, EVERYTHING needs to be certified and that costs upwards of $250!!! (and before someone up there goes, oh well that's only x pounds, I earn dollars so 250 bucks is the same as 250 nicker)

The pen pushers have gone bleedin bonkers and I want to hit them, very hard, with a blunt spoon!

OK, rant over, as you were
    Life is not a dress rehearsal
    1996 3.0 SSR-G 5-speed
    (Auto's are for the indecisive!!)

Originally posted by Pete The Tart View Post
    The pen pushers have gone bleedin bonkers and I want to hit them, very hard, with a blunt spoon!

OK, rant over, as you were
    I feel your pain. Come the revolution...

Comment

Seems perfectly fine to me.
      Got to keep all those potential death traps off the roads.

I can't wait to be driving or rather being driven around in a electric powered satellite controlled bland euro box.

Now where did I leave those bath salts
      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

if you think thats bad they are pushing for a lot harder.
        worse is in the pipeline.

i can understand why. theres a lot of half baked builds out there that people flick off and they are dangerous. some really dodgy body lifts, wrong materials used, stupid heights, or sfa conversions which can't drive a straight line.

Comment

Originally posted by tweak'e View Post
          if you think thats bad they are pushing for a lot harder.
          worse is in the pipeline.

i can understand why. theres a lot of half baked builds out there that people flick off and they are dangerous. some really dodgy body lifts, wrong materials used, stupid heights, or sfa conversions which can't drive a straight line.
          For sure that needs to be controlled but isn't that what a WOF is for? Having been an MOT tester back in the UK, we knew what was and wasn't acceptable/safe, so if it didn't meet the minimum standard, it got failed. I don't have an issue with major mods requiring certification but a poxy 2" lift, come on!
          Life is not a dress rehearsal
          1996 3.0 SSR-G 5-speed
          (Auto's are for the indecisive!!)

Comment

most wof guys are barely mechanics. wouldn't understand tech stuff if they tripped over the books. hence the cert guys which are a lot more technical and specialize in mods.

its not lift size thats an issue but the type of lift. body lifts, despite being so easy, have a couple of major fail points. suspension lifts, a little harder to do but theres not a lot that goes wrong especially when you use brand name parts.

Comment

Working...
            X