Another eBay bargain/project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another eBay bargain/project

Another one to add to the growing pile of intercoolers in the garage, the Rover and VXR units are now on eBay, and have now acquired this unit.

Following on Vince's advice I have gone for a more compact design, and I'm sure that you lot are all waiting with baited breath to see the installation pics.....

In preparation for the install the coolant hoses have been rerouted to give more room around the turbo and rocker cover area, (the metal coolant pipe assembly has been junked)which in turn will give a less obstructive air path to the intercooler.

Just got to pluck up the courage to cut the first hole in my bonnet.
    Attached Files
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

By the time this is finished (a'la body lift) Toyota will have been bought by the Chinese.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
      By the time this is finished (a'la body lift) Toyota will have been bought by the Chinese.
      I think the body lift was expedited in a timely fashion, I mean we wouldn't want to rush things, would we, plus it did rain a bit......
      erm

Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
        That should make the parts cheaper

Comment

VAG shack Ade? Isn't that a brothel?
          Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
            VAG shack Ade? Isn't that a brothel?
            LOL

God knows, I never looked at the signs just liked window shopping

When I was surfing eBay and saw that name I did actually spray out a mouthful of tea.

I just can't believe that Gra missed it, he must have mislaid his glasses.
            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Must be where the vagatarians live. Gwaham did spot it, but he goes all silly and embarrassed when we talk about girly parts.

That and it brings back memories from his pre op days.
              Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Ooohhh....I've gone all unnecessary.
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Anyway
                  This is the position I have settled for shown in the picture on the left, it's a shame that the airbox is in the damn way!
                  Attached Files
                  Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                    Anyway
                    This is the position I have settled for shown in the picture on the left, it's a shame that the airbox is in the damn way!
                    Excellent positioning.
                    It's a low pressure turbo remember, so the shorter the pipework the better.

Comment

Slightly more manageable size I/C than the VXR one

So "S" shaped pipework feeding intercooler entering on the left will be better than straighter pipework crossing over and feeding into the RHS?
                      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                        Slightly more manageable size I/C than the VXR one

So "S" shaped pipework feeding intercooler entering on the left will be better than straighter pipework crossing over and feeding into the RHS?

Yes. The air won't be gushing through the 'cooler so keep the runs short to prevent heatsoak.
                        Can't you shift it over to the passenger side a tad to centralise it?
                        Then you could probably pipe it up like the one TLB did.......
                        http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsit...lingpajero.htm

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                          Yes. The air won't be gushing through the 'cooler so keep the runs short to prevent heatsoak.
                          Can't you shift it over to the passenger side a tad to centralise it?
                          Then you could probably pipe it up like the one TLB did.......
                          http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsit...lingpajero.htm
                          Read and digested.
                          Quite an interesting link.
                          I have noticed that quite a few of the OEM top mount units have aux fans.
                          Do you think there is any benefit of this type of setup?
                          Obviously it won't hurt pulling air out of a hot engine bay.
                          But is it really required?
                          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
                          X