The light at the end of my Surf!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The light at the end of my Surf!

i seem to be in a modding frenzy at the moment and am eventually etting my surf the way i want it. I have wanted clear rear lights for a long time and finally found some at www.powerfuluk.com They are really good quality and very reasonable price. They also have the reverse lights in the cluster so i am gonna rewire the reverse lights into them and convert the original reverses to fog lights. Let me know what you think.
    Also, what kind paint would i use to colour the fog lights?
    Cheers
    Del
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Delboy; 11 September 2004, 19:12.
    Derek :
    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

You Have Won The Lotto Del. Hope it turns out ok when its done mate.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
      i seem to be in a modding frenzy at the moment and am eventually etting my surf the way i want it. I have wanted clear rear lights for a long time and finally found some at www.powerfuluk.com They are really good quality and very reasonable price. They also have the reverse lights in the cluster so i am gonna rewire the reverse lights into them and convert the original reverses to fog lights. Let me know what you think.
      Cheers
      Del

Hi Derek, I used glass paint to tint my rear light clusters, it only cost a couple of quid from a craft shop and it gives the rear lights a lovley glossy finish. maybe you could try this for your fog lights?
      cheerz, Vince.

Comment

Thanks Vince. Might try that!
        Derek :
        1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
        [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

looking sweet delboy... how much £100 or so?
          tim
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
            Cheers
            Del
            It's looks great Derek. Do you have to add a red reflector to the rear of the truck somewhere for MOT? How much were they, inc delivery?
            Look here for details of the reverse to fog conversion.
            http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/foglight.htm

Just a thought, would it be possible to leave your reverse lights as they are, and use the ones in the new cluster as fogs?
            Pete
            Last edited by Pete; 12 September 2004, 12:59.

Comment

Cheers Guys! Cost about £90 incl. delivery.
              Could change the outer ones to fogs but dont want to mess up the new ones. Forgot that the rear reflectors should be red. Gues i'll have to put a couple of stick on ones on the back. Have one already with jap writing on it. Dont know what it says, though.
              Derek :
              1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Working...
              X