Pressure washer £100-£150?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure washer £100-£150?

Now I've got my little workspace sorted out, I need to get to work filling it with toys. First on the agenda, a decent pressure washer for engine bay cleaning/part washing. Needs to have enough power to shift the 2 years of baked on, crudded up oil that's been leaking all over my crossmember.

Any good/bad suggestions?

keep a eye on hotukdeals.com, Amazon have some good flash deals

I just picked up a nilfisik 120bar washer with patio cleaner and snow foam adapter for £60 (its £150 without the patio cleaner from machine mart)

Comment

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolf-Profess...+power+washers

you can find em cheaper
      am useing a bosch at the mo
      but i have use one of them wolf things
      and i know what iam getting when this bosch is dead
      karcher are ok but i have had loads of them and its the same thing that gose wrong every time
      i have a 400 quider its 1 year old and the valve is stuck shut
      just like every other karcher i have ever had
      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

To go with your new pressure washer you should also consider getting traffic film remover.

I got 5ltrs of TFR from Machine Mart and that is now my cleaner/degreaser of choice.

I have some made up in a litre trigger bottle for smaller parts cleaning, and I use a weedkiller pump up sprayer for the larger jobs.
        I suppose you could use the detergent attachment also.

I cleaned up my engine bay using TFR from the weedkiller sprayer and then blasted it clean with the pressure washer.

The gunked up alternator bracket was removed and given a a few squirts from the trigger bottle and just hosed off, and it is now oil free and very clean.

I think TFR and a pressure washer would be pretty hard to beat.
        I have an ancient Power Devil pressure washer which seems up to the job, although I do like the 5m hose feature on the one Judwak posted.
        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Funny you should mention TFR. I was up at EuroCarParts, so asked what they had.

2.5l of Swarfega TFR - £18
          25l of their own brand - £11!

No typos, thats 25 litres!

Needless to say I won't be running out of TFR anytime soon

I'm also swaying towards this Nilfisk. Little more than I was looking to spend, but will shop around for a better price;
          http://www.screwfix.com/p/nilfisk-c1...8kw-240v/16537

125 bar
          520 ltr/hr
          8m hose
          Car specific attachments.
          Last edited by DMAudio; 20 April 2014, 09:33.

Comment

Just thought I'd update this with the model I chose.

I found a Nilfisk C120 Titan at Argos for £89.99.

Gave my engine bay on the Supra a hose down with some TFR, gave it an hour, then fired up the washer. Plenty of power to clean off even the cruddy oily crossmember, and did a pretty decent job for only having spent £90.

No instructions really unless you use the CD it comes with, but it can be screwed together with little to no thought. The hose is very good quality, as are the quicklocks for the attachments. Lance and the main body of the unit are a bit plasticy, but I reckon as long as it's looked after, it'll do what I need it to do.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DMAudio View Post
              Funny you should mention TFR. I was up at EuroCarParts, so asked what they had.

2.5l of Swarfega TFR - £18
              25l of their own brand - £11!

No typos, thats 25 litres!

Needless to say I won't be running out of TFR anytime soon

I'm also swaying towards this Nilfisk. Little more than I was looking to spend, but will shop around for a better price;
              http://www.screwfix.com/p/nilfisk-c1...8kw-240v/16537

125 bar
              520 ltr/hr
              8m hose
              Car specific attachments.
              Swarfega in Costco is 5.99 for 5ltrs
              SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Working...
              X