Is there such a thing???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there such a thing???

I have a mate in China who is flying to the UK soon (London actually) and he wants to buy a car.

Are there any companies that will view a car on your behalf?

He want to have it bought before he arrives.

i.e. have a look on autotrader or similar choose a few, have them viewed on his behalf and then buy one.

If there isn't we should start one.

Comment

Originally posted by smokinmonkey View Post
      I have a mate in China who is flying to the UK soon (London actually) and he wants to buy a car.

i.e. have a look on autotrader or similar choose a few, have them viewed on his behalf and then buy one.
      Hi There
      not to sure about a company viewing for you but the rac will do a vehicle inspection for him for a fee. if he identifies the car he wants.
      4x4s get you where others fear to tread

Comment

Would be a lot easier to just hire a car when he gets to Heathrow wouldn't it?
        Then buy a car later. I wouldn't trust somebody to buy a car for me.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          That's what I do when I come over, £100 for a weeks car hire, can't go wrong.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by smokinmonkey View Post

I can help with that, via a garage I work with in Notting Hill. Provided that he isn't looking for an Aston or Lamborghini !! The company is well established, and also have an eBay account with 100% feedback. What sort of car, and what timescale?
            Not allowed 1) tools 2) matches 3) sharp objects

Comment

Hiring a car includes insurance, so it would be far easier.
              Trusting someone you don't know is always a tough one, and I'd be very careful if you couldn't establish their credentials.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas A. Swift View Post
                I can help with that, via a garage I work with in Notting Hill. Provided that he isn't looking for an Aston or Lamborghini !! The company is well established, and also have an eBay account with 100% feedback. What sort of car, and what timescale?
                Hiring a car includes insurance, so it would be far easier.
                Trusting someone you don't know is always a tough one, and I'd be very careful if you couldn't establish their credentials.
                Especially someone who has only four posts and hasn't officially introduced themselves.

Comment

Or there's always eBay, if your friend has £4500:
                  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MONSTER-TR...p2056016.l4276

Comment

Especially someone who has only four posts and hasn't officially introduced themselves.
                    Sorry, I thought I had.

That's a very fair comment, but I can establish my credentials easily enough if anyone needs my help.

It always amuses me that being a newbie on a forum means you have no credibility compared to old sweats, but how well do you know each other?
                    I'm called the 'Consigliere' on ZX-9R.net because of the help/advice/guidance I have given to members on the forum over the years. But you're right, on here I'm an unknown.

Comment

Sorry, I thought I had.

That's a very fair comment, but I can establish my credentials easily enough if anyone needs my help.

It always amuses me that being a newbie on a forum means you have no credibility compared to old sweats, but how well do you know each other?
                      I'm called the 'Consigliere' on ZX-9R.net because of the help/advice/guidance I have given to members on the forum over the years. But you're right, on here I'm an unknown.
                      Well at least you have received a reply, might not have been what you was expecting, but it was a reply.
                      I don't think anyone was doubting your credentials, even if you have a so so Z

But welcome along anyway, and enjoy the ride.
                      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Smokinmonkey, sorry for the thread hijack there. If your friend is serious I can help. Assuming he didn't want an expensive car there probably wouldn't need to be any money up front.

But hiring a car is surely the better option?

And Bushwaker, Shokenore, etc, I am in awe of your work. Your posts amaze me with your abilities.

Comment

Shokenore...work...his shed is in bits permanently.
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                            Shokenore...work...his shed is in bits permanently.
                            How rude.
                            I'll have you know it's coming along quite nicely thank you.

It may also have a geological timeframe.
                            The time spent on the truck may also have a direct correlation to the amount of time that the MIL is visiting.
                            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Smokinmonkey, sorry for the thread hijack there. If your friend is serious I can help. Assuming he didn't want an expensive car there probably wouldn't need to be any money up front.

But hiring a car is surely the better option?

And Bushwaker, Shokenore, etc, I am in awe of your work. Your posts amaze me with your abilities.
                              Wow
                              Way to make a impression.
                              My reply in welcoming you along was drizzled in smilies.
                              One can only assume that your reply was meant tongue in cheek.
                              But, seeing as you have raised the issue of abilities, how come someone with "contacts" is presumably still searching for "a motor" speaks volumes for your abilities, and may also suggests that perhaps your credentials aren't all that.
                              But hey what do I know, I mean I can't even find the sarcasm smilie.
                              Winking smilie.
                              Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
                              X