yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in a running 2.4 for spares or repair.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone interested in a running 2.4 for spares or repair.

Hi, I'm new here. We've had a 2.4 for the last 7 or so years and it's been a superb workhorse. It's had a full and eventful life with us and we've enjoyed our ownership so much that now its showing signs of age (cost) we've just picked up a 3.0 to replace it.

I look forward to membership of this forum and many more years of happy Surf ownership with the new vehicle.

Cheers,

Hugh
    Last edited by Koi; 7 April 2014, 20:14.

Hello & welcome Hugh

Any more info/price ref 2.4?

Comment

As much as info as want really. I didn't want to post loads of words if nobody was interested. :-) Tell me what would be useful to know and I'll do my best to answer as honestly as I can.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, it seems like a good place to be. Re the price, I dont really know, we've had the offer of £450 so anything slightly better than that would be great. As I said in the initial message she really is a fairly well used old example of the marque so we're not realistically expecting anything but scrap value. Of course whatever we get for it will just be going on the new one anyway. :-)

Cheers,

Hugh.

Comment

Welcome along.

Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Worth a lot more if you strip & sell the parts.

Check out parts for sale, ref Andy Verran

£450 is cheap for any surf.

Comment

Welcome from me too. This should really be in the for sale section which means a paid for ad.
              Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                Welcome from me too. This should really be in the for sale section which means a paid for ad.

My fault for asking u no hoo the price.

Sitting here with my nobber hat on

Comment

Ah yes I've no doubt one could get more for it by parting it out. However I dont have the space, the time, the tools or the ability to do that. The 'cosmetic' condition both inside and out is best described as scruffy and well used. It's just that if someone wants a running engine or transmission or maybe other bits this may be of use to them.

Cheers,

Hugh.

Comment

Ooops, sorry I've already broken the forum rules on my first day. To be fair I posted it in the only section I could which was the new user first post and it was put here by the moderator once it was approved. Happy to pay for an advert if thats the correct procedure.

Cheers,

Hugh.

Comment

Originally posted by UKHugh View Post
                      Ooops, sorry I've already broken the forum rules on my first day. To be fair I posted it in the only section I could which was the new user first post and it was put here by the moderator once it was approved. Happy to pay for an advert if thats the correct procedure.

Cheers,

Hugh.
                      Could have been worse.
                      You could have mentioned dump valves......

Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Ah now, thats a shame. And that was going to be my very next subject. Right after snorkels, lift kits and what the bigest tyres I can squeeze onto my rims would be.

:-)

I agree this isnt the best place for my previous content so I'll put together a proper advert in the correct place and we can move on to more interesting things. Hopefully if I behave myself and play nicely I will be forgiven and my faux-pas will pass swiftly into the darkest deapth of the forum archive.

Cheers,

Hugh.

Comment

There's a member down in cornwall looking for an engine, Ill point him this way

Comment

Let see those pics
                            ( hoping that got window deflectors that could sell me!)
                            the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

OK I've submitted the ad with a selection of photos. I'm really not planning to be pulling bits off for sale individually when I can move the whole vehicle on in one go. Apart from anything else the wrath of she who must be obeyed if I started dismantling it outside the house means it just aint worth it.

Cheers,

Hugh.

Comment

Working...
                              X