Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 4runner owner

Hi,

I know its not a surf but hoped you would all let me off the hook ;-) I haven't got many pics at the moment but enough for you to get an idea of the way it sits currently. Its a UK 4runner 3.0td manual with the winter pack, it also has the electric sunroof and electric mirrors

I am located in Scotland but purchased it from down south so underneath it is very clean and have not had any issues with corroded bolts even :-) Even the garage working on it have commented on how clean it is on the underside!

Since having the 4 runner i have bought new wheels and tyres all round to replace the wheels that were on it....old ones:

The new ones are also 31's. i have also replaced the steering idler arm, 4 track rod ends, added super pro arb bush kit and replaced cv boots on front and some spring helpers fitted to the rear. The lights have been changed for clear ones and i smoked them using a tint film from ebay. On the inside it did have the wooden trim (rare from what i read) but was warping so this is in the middle of being replaced. It currently had a wooden momo sterring wheel too, this will also be replaced soon. I have also replaced front brakes and taken the sidesteps off.

Plans:

Put the rear light guards back on once painted black to match(currently chrome)Remove the 4runner stickers on the side
    Get some fog lights and maybe an LED light bar too
    Thinking about a possible lift (smallest one available)
    Thinking about retro fitting an intercooler

I'll get some ore pics up soon, all comments welcome

Chris
    Last edited by sleepy; 6 April 2014, 18:15.

Hello & welcome Chris. Great pics.

Dopey, Happy & Grumpy will be along soon

Comment

Welcome to the madhouse, like the old wheels, are you keeping them or selling them?

Comment

Hello and welcome

Comment

Hello and Welcome

It may as well be a Surf SSR-G, pretty much the same thing inside and out aren't they?
          Now it's time to play!

Comment

Welcome to the forum Chris. We love 4Runners too.
            " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by ROMEROTECH View Post
              Hello and Welcome

It may as well be a Surf SSR-G, pretty much the same thing inside and out aren't they?
              No.
              " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Originally posted by woodwarm View Post
                Hello & welcome Chris. Great pics.

Dopey, Happy & Grumpy will be along soon
                Lol, old school nickname that stuck :-)

Originally posted by RebelV8 View Post
                Welcome to the madhouse, like the old wheels, are you keeping them or selling them?
                I am planning on keeping them as my bling set for now lol, if I decide to get rid if them I will give you first shout ;-)

Thanks for the comments guys, so I saw from the one of the other newbie threads there is someone who has put the roughtrax 2" lift springs on the rear to sort out sag....are you able to just fit the 2" lift springs without having to to any of the other lift stuff as I would like to get my rear end lifted a bit as even with the spring assister it's not quite the height I want but I don't want to fit just the springs if it will lead to other issues down the line?

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
                  No.
                  4 runner interiors and exteriors don't look too different to my 3rd Gen. Mechanically i know there are some differences but visually they look pretty similar IMO.

ETA: Looking at the OP's pics, nice pics btw OP, That looks pretty similar to a 2nd Gen.

You can be as pedantic as you like but they are all much of a muchness in the looks department.
                  Last edited by ROMEROTECH; 7 April 2014, 19:54.
                  Now it's time to play!

Comment

Originally posted by ROMEROTECH View Post
                    4 runner interiors and exteriors don't look too different to my 3rd Gen. Mechanically i know there are some differences but visually they look pretty similar IMO.

ETA: Looking at the OP's pics, nice pics btw OP, That looks pretty similar to a 2nd Gen.

You can be as pedantic as you like but they are all much of a muchness in the looks department.
                    Cheers, I'm lucky enough to have a 4x4 track 5 mins from the house and another harder one 10 mins away so will be spending loads of time there and will take a few pics! Yes it is a 93 gen 2 4runner ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by sleepy View Post
                      I am planning on keeping them as my bling set for now lol, if I decide to get rid if them I will give you first shout ;-)
                      Great, Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X