Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATF hose

Just a quickie

This any good for the ATF hoses to an oil cooler?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-Metre-R6...item20bf7dc268

AND

The power steering pump pipes that run from the pump to steering box, are they in the radiator air flow for cooling purposes?

Ta.
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

It will probably be fine, but you should maybe look for something with a higher temperature rating. If you google it up youll find that the SAE no for oil cooler hose is J1532 which is temperature rated up to 120 or 150. This stuff is rated for 100.
    I fitted the same stuff as your ebay ad when I did mine, but only because I was impatient and it was all I could get at the motor factors. I eventually changed it.

Something like this maybe ? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/APS-Stainl...-/360872896992
    Last edited by Bogus; 2 April 2014, 00:52. Reason: speeling , mising leters, fat fingers generally
    Сви можемо

Comment

Hey. I will probably be needing some hose when I do my tranny cooler.

There's a place near me called Hoses & hydraulics. They do all kinds of hoses and connections. Might be worth searching to see if there's a hydraulic hose place near you?
      If I like it, Bushwhacker doesn't. :-)

Comment

Got some hose rated at 100' constant so the oil cooler is on.
        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

To answer your other question, - yes the Power steering systems do tend to have a extra "loop" in the airflow for cooling...

Wierdly, I don't think my 3rd gen did...
          More Lift.
          More Tyres.
          More Engine.

Comment

Always curious as to why the power steering reservoir was tucked so far away.Seemed a bit weird, guess that's why, extra long pipes to help dissipate the heat.

And just in case...
            Attached Files
            Last edited by shokenore; 21 April 2014, 17:25.
            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
            X