Inner wing rubbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inner wing rubbing

I've done some searching and found the sill can rub and people beat it back with a hammer. Mine are rubbing on near full lock higher up near the top of the mudflap fitted with 31.10/50/15s and 30mm spacers.
    Is there a way around this? Will winding the torsion bars up help or cause more problems elsewhere? Thanks
    GRAVITY IS A MYTH THE EARTH SUCKS!!!

The spacers are causing the tyres to rub.
    You can wind the torsion bars up without affecting anything else.

Comment

Cheers vince they were rubbing before the spacers that's why I put them on to stop it and I've made it worse lol I'll wind um up.
      Looks better tho

Comment

Standard alloys?
        If your 31" tyres were rubbing before the spacers were fitted, then I would say your torsion bars are sha99ed!

See how you get on after winding them up. It'll take around 12 full turns of the bolt to raise the truck 1".
        Make sure you jack the front wheels off the ground before you start turning the bolts.

Comment

No they are not standard alloys I found out they are prim alloys from the states I could not find any measurements they came with the truck. If the torsion bars are shot what's the best place to go for new ones if lifting does not work.

Comment

Originally posted by marcdtr View Post
            No they are not standard alloys I found out they are prim alloys from the states I could not find any measurements they came with the truck. If the torsion bars are shot what's the best place to go for new ones if lifting does not work.
            If they are non standard alloys, then they probably have a big off-set and that will affect tyre clearance.

Wind the torsion bars up then, should cure the rubbing.

Roughtrax sell the bars.

Comment

Working...
            X