Chassis Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chassis Paint

Morning all, I was just wondering what you all do to prevent rust on the chassis and under carriage of yer trucks??? I painted underneath my old shogun with por 15 paint which was pretty good stuff.
    I'm now thinking of doing the same on my newly aquired toyota as it has some surface rust in areas. All in all my chassis etc is in pretty good nick

Cheers
    Keith

Shokenore has a link to a special cream.

Prevents premature ageing

Comment

Originally posted by woodwarm View Post
      Shokenore has a link to a special cream.

we just know it as cock porridge.
      There y'all are..all fixed.
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I might have a look at Waxoyling my new surf, would prefer it to not get all rusty underneath.
        If I like it, Bushwhacker doesn't. :-)

Comment

Waxoyl goes inside the chassis. Won't prevent outer surface rust mate.

Any decent quality chassis paint will do, these chassis are pretty solid, a good gauge of steel has been used. Prep is the key here to prevent rust reappearing.

If it's bad use a scrabbler on an air tool first to remove the worst bits.
          Attached Files
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

This stuff is good for the price.

http://www.frost.co.uk/frost-chassis-black-paint.html
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. My chassis isnt in too bad a nick but does have some rust patches in places (particuarly at the rear). I reckon a wire brush and the mentioned chassis paint will probably do the trick .

When I painted my old shoggie's rusty chassis with por 15 it worked well but por 15 is designed to adhere to a rusty surface anyway. Fortunatley my toyota's chassis probably aint rusty enuff for por 15 to work.

Comment

I use this......
                http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221237626910?var=520149134159

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post

Reading this with interest.
                  I have light surface rust on certain bits of my chassis to very flaky sections like the cross brace in the rear.
                  Should I treat the worst bits with Phosphoric Acid (jenolite) or can I just paint over or would the POR15 be better for the really rusty bits?
                  Ta
                  Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

I just wire brush any rust including the flakey stuff using these...

in a 4 1/2" grinder and then spray the chassis paint on.
                    No other treatment necessary really.

Comment

Off to B and Q then to get one of their everlasting angle grinders
                      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
                      X