X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigolbill View Post
    fraud? haha what a mug.

It,ll sell and i have another to put up when that one goes

you should get yourself one then you might know what your talking about.

You've got two for sale-man you are going to be loaded!
    Will the ad for the second one be as entertaining as the first?

Comment

Well, what a thread! Here's my two penneth, a 25% increase in cubic capacity on a four cylinder engine is an engineering impossibility, there just isn't enough metal to deal with even with liners!

Comment

fraud? haha what a mug.

It,ll sell and i have another to put up when that one goes

you should get yourself one then you might know what your talking about.

I think you mean other stuff, but not being any form of pedant,(look it up smoke boy) I wont dwell on it. After owning three, and just about getting my fourth surf, I think I outrank a phallic headed fraudster for knowledge.
        BTW have sent Ebay this page to show up your dishonest ad. Have a nice evening now.
        Last edited by gwh200; 8 March 2014, 18:25.
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimagtr21 View Post
          You've got two for sale-man you are going to be loaded!
          Yep , he'll probably buy his mate's big 'ouse in Wales and advertise it on eBay as a stately home.

Comment

i know it.s hard for a jock to understand but i suppose up there you can buy a house for 8 grand. things are a bit different in the big smoke.
            I look out of my 8 grand house window and see countryside, hills, animals. Along the road is a holiday cottage you southern monkeys pay a grand a week to borrow.

I am 22 year old and I make the same money as the average factory worker in London, Yet I bet it's more expensive to live in 'the big smoke'.

Muppet.
            Paul

Surfless, donations welcome.

Comment

£1,558.00

9 bids

its going well .not far to go to your eight grand lol
              4x4s get you where others fear to tread

Comment

Shakes head and walks away.
                Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Maybe I am setting myself up as a bit of a target by saying this.... but I am surprised and disappointed to see so much animosity and rudeness going both ways here in this thread...

My 2 pennies worth on the price etc.. Well.. the asking price does seem a bit steep to me, and If you have been offered £6k.. I think I would take that cash offer if it were me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pablito View Post
                    Maybe I am setting myself up as a bit of a target by saying this.... but I am surprised and disappointed to see so much animosity and rudeness going both ways here in this thread...

My 2 pennies worth on the price etc.. Well.. the asking price does seem a bit steep to me, and If you have been offered £6k.. I think I would take that cash offer if it were me.
                    I know you're new the the world of Surfs, but did you read the listing at all?
                    It's mostly fiction.

Comment

Looks a bit tatty to me... but I think I paid about £7k for my standard 3rd gen!

It was quite a few years ago though.

Also, mine keeps up with Golf GTis, so its not impossible

Same wheels as mine too, which makes them the best wheels ever..

Apart from the spare!
                      More Lift.
                      More Tyres.
                      More Engine.

Comment

things are a bit different in the big smoke.
                        Certainly seems that way. If your charming manner is anything to go by, I'm glad I don't live there.

Comment

reading the invoice with google translate it says the engine has been bored and slieved to 4000cc and a JDM turbo, intrcooler and intake was fitted dynoed to give 180hp. i know it is qiuite fast anyways
                          My Japanese is pretty fair, mind posting a copy of that invoice?

Curious as to the extent of the modifications, and where they might have been done.

Very rare to find any shops doing that here as increasing engine displacement/horsepower is illegal, without quite a bit of hassle, paperwork and testing.

Any legal modification will have the new displacement listed on the Japanese registration/de-registration certificate as well.
                          Last edited by MadScott; 9 March 2014, 02:02.

Comment

Originally posted by KarmaSupra View Post
                            .............................. .........................

Also, mine keeps up with Golf GTis, so its not impossible
                            BMW X5s, 330s and Peugeot 407s are easy prey too.

Comment

I'm sorry but I disagree...any surf (3.0 L, of course) can keep up with a Golf GTI, all it needs is a drop of Diesel Rhino...

Comment

Originally posted by MadScott View Post
                                My Japanese is pretty fair, mind posting a copy of that invoice?

Curious as to the extent of the modifications, and where they might have been done.

Very rare to find any shops doing that here as increasing engine displacement/horsepower is illegal, without quite a bit of hassle, paperwork and testing.

Any legal modification will have the new displacement listed on the Japanese registration/de-registration certificate as well.
                                Hi, just noticed you leave in Japan...observant, I know. Must be the cple of bottles of wine I've had...
                                Anyway, could you tell me, what is the price of a 3rd Gen Intercooled (1998 -) these days? I can't see that many on the Jap websites. Also would you be able to help in choosing one? For a fee, of course! Ta very much.

PS:

Bill,please, stop dissing the Scots, some of my ancestors were from there!
                                Last edited by tashtego; 9 March 2014, 05:10.

Comment

Working...
                                X