Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• issue with tailgate lock

hi
    has anyone had issues with opening there tail gate on a gen 3, carnt open mine

Originally posted by Arkamelis View Post
    hi
    has anyone had issues with opening there tail gate on a gen 3, carnt open mine
    Bit vague on the problem, care to elaborate?

Comment

I had parked a bit too close to a wall once, that had stopped me from opening the tail gate.
      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
        I had parked a bit too close to a wall once, that had stopped me from opening the tail gate.
        Was it there wall? or was the wall over their. their's a moral to this story.

Somewhere.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Oh godd I hope it was'nt there wall, but I hadn't of seen any signs to say weather it was they're wall when I went to park their?
          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
            Oh godd I hope it was'nt there wall, but I hadn't of seen any signs to say weather it was they're wall when I went to park their?
            I sea what yew did their!

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

re

soz guys was very late and could barely keep eyes open. Anyway all a sudden i carnt open the tailgate, remote locking works on all doors but now not unlocking for the tailgate, this has happened a few times before and normally i would just go flicker the door open switch on driver door panel, but that's not working for the issue now( all doors lock and unlock ) i have tried slamming the wheel carrier into its location to see if this if it would help but no joy. i have also pushed the tailgate in to see if its locating properly and i dont think it is ( there is some movement when pushing inwards )

any help would be appreciated.

oh before you ask yes have tried the key and it doesn't turn

Comment

Hi
                The key has probably siezed through lack of use. A bit of WD40 or similar spray oil and gently wiggling will probably get it working again.
                Have you pushed the tailgate release handle under plastic trim forwards again? If not do so and then use the central locking a few times. It should then release.

We have had this issue with one of our trucks and this action has sorted it out so far.

When you get the tailgate open, lube all the moving parts.
                Cheers,
                Mark

Comment

re

cheers markp2, will try what you have said and get back to you

Comment

re

hi managed to get over to truck today and tried what you said and it worked ( lifting handle and switching the remote locking on a few times ) i have greased it all up and all is well.

big thanks Ark

Comment

Working...
                    X