Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you think?

http://www.confused.com/news-views/b...d-october-2014
    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

could be a good thing
    but i do like to have my rent in the window
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

not sure about that one, what about if they messed up? how do you prove that you paid?

Comment

A receipt should be offered when paying on line, or bank statements for the direct debit going out

Comment

"When a motor is sold, it will no longer be possible to transfer tax to the new owner.

The previous owner will have to reclaim the unused tax, and the new one will take on responsibility for taxing the vehicle. "

That'll make buying a car privately a bit of a pain...

Comment

Originally posted by andyverran View Post

That'll make buying a car privately a bit of a pain...
            i agree

Comment

Apparently, the new owner should be able to tax the vehicle over the phone or via a smart phone app at the point of purchase. So, no call queues to the most probably Mumbai based welsh call centre then, lol.

An exercise in how to waste time - I sell a vehicle with 3 months tax remaining on it, so, I remove the tax and arrange a refund, the new owner watches me remove the tax and then calls to re-tax in their name. The vehicle within a short space of time (call queue to Wales via Mumbai dependent of course) has been taxed, untaxed and taxed again and some poor sap somewhere (Mumbai?) has the lovely job of making sure that the vehicle was taxed at 10:15 (as an example), untaxed at 10:20 and re taxed at 10:30. Sounds to me like someone somewhere has found the perfect way to create a job that isn't needed to take care of a new ruling that isn't needed, in order to prove that they need to keep their job and justify the 5 or 6 figure yearly wage packet they get for playing golf from lunchtime onwards

Comment

Originally posted by RebelV8 View Post
                Apparently, the new owner should be able to tax the vehicle over the phone or via a smart phone app at the point of purchase. So, no call queues to the most probably Mumbai based welsh call centre then, lol.

An exercise in how to waste time - I sell a vehicle with 3 months tax remaining on it, so, I remove the tax and arrange a refund, the new owner watches me remove the tax and then calls to re-tax in their name. The vehicle within a short space of time (call queue to Wales via Mumbai dependent of course) has been taxed, untaxed and taxed again and some poor sap somewhere (Mumbai?) has the lovely job of making sure that the vehicle was taxed at 10:15 (as an example), untaxed at 10:20 and re taxed at 10:30. Sounds to me like someone somewhere has found the perfect way to create a job that isn't needed to take care of a new ruling that isn't needed, in order to prove that they need to keep their job and justify the 5 or 6 figure yearly wage packet they get for playing golf from lunchtime onwards
                Yep....I must apply for that job
                And along the way the tax man gets to pocket the non refundable "part month"...
                Last edited by andyverran; 4 February 2014, 03:05.

Comment

Working...
                X