Broken glow plug extractor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken glow plug extractor

Any on used one? and did it work for you?

Not my Truck, but a van that someone has broken a plug off and he's asked me to sort it out for him. Just before I shell £75 thought I'd asked what experiences, if any, you fellas have had.

Here's the link to the tool in question:-
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-UK-Dam...item3a86751440

Regards

Mark

Hi Mark,

Never used one myself, but it looks simple on here.
    Head on or off ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee6sfgIhfT4

Hope this helps.

Gman.
    If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

Thanks Gman,

Yes I've watched that you tube and some others, and as you say it look simple enough.
      Heads still on the van (Citroën Jumpy), and I'd rather it stay on, as it looks like a pig of a job to get it off.

Cheers

Mark

Comment

I had this happen to me. We welded a metal screw to a long bolt. used the screw to turn it into the glow plug and just pulled up and down on it until it knocked enough carbon off to come out. Mine was just the ends broken off because there was so much carbon built up on them they didn't fit out the holes. don't know where yours is broken.

Comment

As a foot note to this topic, and to help any unfortunates finding themselves in this situation!

Bought the kit off an Ebay seller £60 + postage. The kit comes with stepped drill bits, taps etc to romove and repair the glow plug hole.

Anyway it works a treat Broken plug removed fairly easily and all the threads cleaned up and good to go!!!

As it happens in this case , the head still had to come off because the van owners mate had drilled one of the other plugs through, and he was terrified that there was debris in the engine!

Regards

Mark

Comment

Working...
          X