Turbo question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo question

I have just got my first Surf and am loving it, however I have noticed that the turbo light on the dash is almot permantley on, is this normal behavour?
    PS. Im not driving it with my right foot nailed to the floor and am not too fussed as It gives OK mpg for it's size, just keen to learn . Ol yea, it's an Auto.
    Rob & Miranda

Surfing on the south coast

Originally posted by Orions_pop
    I have just got my first Surf and am loving it, however I have noticed that the turbo light on the dash is almot permantley on, is this normal behavour?
    PS. Im not driving it with my right foot nailed to the floor and am not too fussed as It gives OK mpg for it's size, just keen to learn . Ol yea, it's an Auto.
    Yep about par for the course. Very difficult to drive the Surf Auto without the turbo light comming on - mine comes on from about 1600 rpm on wards under heavy load, or 2200 rpm under lighth load.

Cheers

Comment

Im learning

Ok, cheers Andy, didn't find you guys till after I spent my money. Still happy with what I got
      Rob & Miranda

Comment

Ok, cheers Andy, didn't find you guys till after I spent my money. Still happy with what I got

If the only question you got is about the turbo light, you're doing awful well...
        There's loads more to find, happy hunting and welcome to the madhouse !!
        Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

Excellent. Welcome to the joys of Surf ownership. They are great trucks even though they are getting older now. Mine's a 2.4 and I love it.

Cheers

Comment

The madhouse

Thanks for the welcome, Im sure I'll have lots more questions as I drive it more but as yet (touching every bit of wood I can) I have had no problems, but then I've only had it a week!
            Rob & Miranda

Comment

Working...
            X