MOT faliure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOT faliure

Well. I took the truck for an MOT today and as expected, it failed.

It wasnt brakes or ball joints as as expected though.

Steering idler arm.

Left the garage to it and it should be all done and dusted by tomorrow afternoon.

Expected a fail :-(
    I've had mine 10years and it hasn't really failed or had an advisories yet apart from eating exhausts

Comment

It'll only be the bushes.
      http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=157&vid=515

I hope they don't charge you £200 for 30 mins work.

Comment

I am getting the parts cheap using my employee discount so its not quite that much. The biggest part is the labour. As I dont have the time to do it myself this week they might as well get on with it.

Comment

Originally posted by spanner_monkey View Post
          I am getting the parts cheap using my employee discount so its not quite that much. The biggest part is the labour. As I dont have the time to do it myself this week they might as well get on with it.
          Thats not what I meant.

If you click on my link you will see that the idler arm bushes are under £10 for the pair plus approx 30 mins to fit them.
          Very rare that the complete idler arm needs replacing.

Comment

I know, I looked at it. But as the garage had already started they might as well finish it.

All back in one piece now. MOT passed with no advisories. So job done for another year.

Now I can get back to green laning without worrying about breaking things too much.

Comment

Working...
            X