Fuel Hard Pipe Diameter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Hard Pipe Diameter?

Just noticed I have a small drip coming from what looks to be the larger bore hard pipe from tank to engine. Just under passanger door area. With a torch and all the crud, not to mention the rain I can't get a measure of it. Does anyone know OD of these pipes? Then I can buy some rubber to chop out the bad bit and patch it in.

Cheers.

Car is a 98 3rd Gen Diesel...

Comment

10mm from tank, 6mm return.
      More Lift.
      More Tyres.
      More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
        10mm from tank, 6mm return.
        Thanks for your reply. I assume that's the ID's. So basically what size of rubber hose will I need to slip over hard pipe? Will 10mm rubber squeeze over? Someones surely done similar before.

Cheers.

Comment

It is OD, as you asked, for the hard pipe part.

I junked my hard lines and replaced with stainless over braided 8mm internal diameter hose, as that matched the components of my V8 fuel system, I used a short length of 10mm ID rubber hose before a 10mm-8mm barbed converter to run to the braided stuff (and 8mm->6mm for the return).
          Last edited by Karma Supra; 9 November 2013, 13:42.
          More Lift.
          More Tyres.
          More Engine.

Comment

KS...do you have any pics of this?

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
              It is OD, as you asked, for the hard pipe part.

I junked my hard lines and replaced with stainless over braided 8mm internal diameter hose, as that matched the components of my V8 fuel system, I used a short length of 10mm ID rubber hose before a 10mm-8mm barbed converter to run to the braided stuff (and 8mm->6mm for the return).
              Okay. Thanks for that, I'll get a temp fix on it just now and may run it all in rubber hose one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post
                KS...do you have any pics of this?
                I don't think so, as its just sticking pipes on...

One nice little tip I learnt though was that the old diesel vac pump hard pipe to the brake booster does a cracking job as tiding up the fuel return line.

I'll upload some more pics when my FTP site starts behaving again.
                More Lift.
                More Tyres.
                More Engine.

Comment

Working...
                X