Webasto Thermo Top Coolant Heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webasto Thermo Top Coolant Heater

Hi. I have aquired an as new Thermo top C diesel fired coolant heater. I have all connections modded and tested ready for fitting. All I need to know is where would be the best place to plumb into the coolant pipes? Before or after my WVO heat exchanger or does it really matter where I tap into the coolant system?

Cheers

Originally posted by 520ft/lbs-roadeater View Post
    Hi. I have aquired an as new Thermo top C diesel fired coolant heater. I have all connections modded and tested ready for fitting. All I need to know is where would be the best place to plumb into the coolant pipes? Before or after my WVO heat exchanger or does it really matter where I tap into the coolant system?

Cheers

Best of luck fitting it, I also have one (not picked it up yet), is there a guide to the wiring and how to mod it?
    What are you using for a controller?
    l'm FAME-ous!

Comment

Originally posted by kamaangir View Post
      Best of luck fitting it, I also have one (not picked it up yet), is there a guide to the wiring and how to mod it?
      What are you using for a controller?
      Which model is it you have? If it's the Z/C model I could forward you the wiring I worked out and modded with standard male and female connectors and done away with any oe loom or plugs etc. I have a 7 day timer to control it. Not a genuine Webasto timer, but same features and works fine.

Comment

I believe mine is also the Top C, off a Rover 75. I should get hold of it this weekend.

My email is arashpaydar at hotmail.com

Thanks

Arash
        l'm FAME-ous!

Comment

I believe mine is also the Top C, off a Rover 75. I should get hold of it this weekend.

Thanks

Arash
          I'll get things looked out tonight and send them to you.

Comment

Thanks

Arash
            I have the same model on a pick up, I have never got it to work, please send me some info.

Ta.

Some info here...http://www.scribd.com/doc/25055874/Thermo-Top-Z-C
            Last edited by slobodan; 29 October 2013, 18:57.
            Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

What's the better option for getting into the coolant circuit? T joints into it via the 16mm hose or fitting the unit inline with no T peices?

Comment

Another chap who has fitted one to his Terrano said this:

Hi,

I installed Thermo Top C about 6 month ago on my Terrano. It has a built in pump, so id toes not really matter how you connect is, but make sure that it does not take coolant from internal radiator loop, and return it there. Otherwise you will preheat inside car, not engine.
                In my case I used only short cooling loop (without main radiator), and teed outgoing coolant line to 1) internal radiator 2) Webasto line , and then connected them right before engine.
                Works very well.
                Hope this description is not too confusing
                l'm FAME-ous!

Comment

Another chap who has fitted one to his Terrano said this:

Hi,

I installed Thermo Top C about 6 month ago on my Terrano. It has a built in pump, so id toes not really matter how you connect is, but make sure that it does not take coolant from internal radiator loop, and return it there. Otherwise you will preheat inside car, not engine.
                  In my case I used only short cooling loop (without main radiator), and teed outgoing coolant line to 1) internal radiator 2) Webasto line , and then connected them right before engine.
                  Works very well.
                  Hope this description is not too confusing
                  I'm thinking..... find out which hose gets hot first going through the bulk head and cut that. Put the end coming from engine on to the inlet on my Webasto and the other side of the cut hose on the outlet. Using straight connecters, 16mm (car) to 19mm (webas) I think I need? That should be flowing the same way as the coolant sytem and work fine, heating the whole coolant loop including interior?

Comment

All fitted and complete. Been on since yesterday and everything seems great. Running from it's own battery and diesel from the secondary tank in the boot. Only one more thing I need to do.... How do I wire the in cab fan motor to come on with my timer unit? Say speed 2 for defrost etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X