Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Surf

Hi all,
    Glad to find a great forum, with lots of knowledge and advice. Just got my 1st Surf after liking them for years. Gen2 3ltr TD. I am in Cornwall, between Launceston and Bodmin and would be happy to help out fellow surfers when I can....

Hi Stelar,
    Welcome to the community. There is always someone here who can help if you have a problem and you can generally count on some pithy/witty replies as well!
    Cheers,
    Mark

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Thanks for the welcome
        Heres a couple of pics of the new toy. First mod will be to lose the orange lenses, then to start planning the rest.....

Will post progress and step by steps as much as possible if wanted.

Comment

Hello from a fellow cornishman!

Nice truck, its begging to be blacked!

Comment

When you say 'blacked' is that refering to off roading or some mod?

Comment

Ordered the dark smoke tint to do all the rear windows. Will take step by steps of my ordeal, hopefully at the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Stelar View Post
                Ordered the dark smoke tint to do all the rear windows. Will take step by steps of my ordeal, hopefully at the weekend.
                Top man Dark tint always looks much classier than mirrored.

BTW: Is your step dinted or has it been done like that on purpose. The reason I ask is it doesn't look out of place

Comment

Both my side steps are raised slightly in the middle. Not sure if it is meant to be like that though? Previous owner did say he got stuck off-roading by taking the long wheelbase over a small wheelbase size hill! No sign of any damage to sills or anything. Underside has protective plating in places.

Comment

It looks pretty mint

You'll love it

Comment

hello and welcome to the forum. Nice looking truck, looks like your front grill has been sprayed black? If so I like it, think I might do mine.

Comment

Hi Surf77. The front grill was rubbed down and can sprayed with gloss plasti-kote. Finish was very good. Off out now to try and fix the rusted spot mounts so I can actually use them without scaring aircraft

Comment

Working...
                        X