Question for the caravan guys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the caravan guys.

Am fitting a towbar soon and want to flush the dual electrics into the bumper. Best place on bumper is in between the bumper mounts which means there would be a bit of distance from the 'usual' place on the towball. Will it be ok to locate the sockets in the place outlined red in the pic ? (stole pic off forum - sorry to trucks owner! )

If not I'll put one socket either side of the hole for the spare wheel drop handle.

Thanks,
    Rob.
    Attached Files

Depends on how long the cables are on what you'll be towing.

Right hand turns might stretch the cables a bit if you mount the sockets there.

Comment

Cheers Vince - I'll go for one either side of the hole in the bumper then.

Comment

You could put them where you want them and make up a short extension, and route it to a hook, on the side of your Dixon Bate?
        Paul

Surfless, donations welcome.

Comment

Just to give you an idea of what it looks like either side of the ball.

Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by M8WHR View Post
            You could put them where you want them and make up a short extension, and route it to a hook, on the side of your Dixon Bate?

Thanks, I had thought of tucking them behind the bumper so they were totally hidden and running a 'patch' but it means having more bits in storage - We go camping a lot in the truck and have found that everything needs to be as easy as possible to use and also take up as little space as possible.

I'm trying to make it 100% function, but decent looking too.

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
              Just to give you an idea of what it looks like either side of the ball.
              Thanks Maverick,

Funnily enough your pic was the next one I'd have nicked to use as an example (I searched for 'flush foglight' as I had posted a pic of my own back bumper but it didn't show up)

Rob.

Comment

More searching and I'm wondering whether I should fit a 13 pin socket and use adapter leads as needed ?

I have bought all the cables, the sockets, a bypass relay and a split charge relay so to change to a 13 pin socket would only set me back a tenner and may make me more future proof ?

Thanks,

Rob.

M8WHR - yeah I know that kind of contradicts my answer to you
                Last edited by wishbone; 15 October 2013, 23:22.

Comment

Working...
                X