insurance rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insurance rant

Came home to a letter from Sureterm wanting £64. This was for changing my policy last December when I bought the 3rd Gen. Now at the time of the change I also had to point out to them that they had not taken 2 months direct debits of my account for my old 2.4. I was assured that this would be corrected and my dd would be amended to take into account the 2 missed months and the change in surf. Sure enough I got my new policy documents through the post and my dd started in January this year. It now turns out that they set the dd based on the 2.4 and it took 10 months to realise. I gave them a call tonight and found out that my policy had also expired last Friday so I've been driving uninsured. They had not sent a renewal notice as they no longer insured modified surfs! They then asked me for the £64 as even though they had made mistakes " I had verbally entered into a financial contract with them etc etc etc". This was their actual words. I asked if this was their legal wording and was the call being recorded which didn't go down to well.
    35 minutes later and the manager had an attack of common sense and waived the charge. Still left me with no bl00dy insurance though and to late to call Adrian Flux.
    Sureterm may be competitive on price but their service is horrendous.

I feel for you.

I wanted to quote Leo Getz, but all you would have seen would have been a lot of ####### and a few *******.

Fair play to fighting your corner, it is good when the fcuktards see common sense.

My insurance gripe would be trying to get hold of Lancaster Ins.

Perhaps we need a whole new ranting section ?
    Admin ?

My major rant would have to be probably Virgin media.......
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Start that ranting thread!!! please..

On the insurance front I had a similar issue on bike insurance years ago, I went to the ombudsman and they ended up paying me £458 ...then 6 months later there accounts department must have got confused, as they sent me a lovely letter saying according to there records I overpaid and they owed me another £48...that was a bargain year for insurance.

Comment

Do Sureterm not insure modified Surfs anymore then?

Comment

Originally posted by Don Logan View Post
          Do Sureterm not insure modified Surfs anymore then?
          I'm not sure tbh. They said their panel of insurers no longer done surfs but they have a sister company who would quote and passed me over to them. Unfortunately I never got the company name and they couldn't help me as their 4x4 policys are limited to 8k miles in a year which was no use to me. They also wobbled over the mods. I eventually got insured with Liverpool Victoria.

Comment

Nice one Ross ..... Been with em 20+ years n no complaints !!
            NB.
            LV is worth considering if ya X Civil Servant or Current.

11+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
            X