yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roughtrax 4x4 3rd gen 25% uprated springs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roughtrax 4x4 3rd gen 25% uprated springs.

Anybody else using these?
    Fitted a full set to my 3rd gen around 2 months/700 miles ago,at 1st it sat perfect now it's sitting way down at the front,40mm difference between top of the tyre to wheelarch between front and back.
    Also feels a bit wooly to drive.
    I parked it next to my surf that I sold which I had fitted my old standard springs to and the old 1 sat a lot higher than the 1 I kept.
    It's not used offroad and its only the front that's sagging.i know the weight of the engine will make it sit lower but it's definitely not right.
    I emailed roughtrax but no response yet.

Ive got the +2" RT springs and shocks on mine and no issues, Ive had them on for maybe 14-15 thousand miles.
    Сви можемо

Comment

I thought about changing the shocks but mine still has the electronic soft/hard shocks in good working order with not too many miles so I didn't bother.
      The springs weren't even that bad,I bought it from a few pics I seen and in 1 it looked like the axle had been hitting the rubber bumpstop so I bought the springs before the truck even arrived,turned out it was just a shadow and the springs were ok but since I ad them I changed them.
      I fitted the same springs to my last ssr-g with the same shocks,did around 10k and they never sagged??

Comment

Its possible they have changed suppliers along the way. Cant remember who the maker of mine were but I think it may have been Lesjofors ( Swedish mob ),
        Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by rollo ford View Post
          Anybody else using these?
          Fitted a full set to my 3rd gen around 2 months/700 miles ago,at 1st it sat perfect now it's sitting way down at the front,40mm difference between top of the tyre to wheelarch between front and back.
          Also feels a bit wooly to drive.
          I parked it next to my surf that I sold which I had fitted my old standard springs to and the old 1 sat a lot higher than the 1 I kept.
          It's not used offroad and its only the front that's sagging.i know the weight of the engine will make it sit lower but it's definitely not right.
          I emailed roughtrax but no response yet.
          I fitted these (the 25% harder ones, but NOT + 2"), as on full load I was hitting the bump stops. Removed the original once and IMHO they were a bit puny, as in quite thin. The yellow RT ones much thicker. The ride has improved and I ve loaded it to the brim without any problems. They have raised the rear quite a bit, so the front looks lower, but without ill effects. If you want to raise the front too, however, I think you could wind the torsion bar .I don't know how it's done, but I am sure I have seen some threads on here on how to do it.
          Or maybe ball joint spacers to match the height of the rear?
          Last edited by tashtego; 15 October 2013, 08:01.

Comment

[QUOTE=tashtego;806067] If you want to raise the front too, however, I think you could wind the torsion bar .I don't know how it's done, but I am sure I have seen some threads on here on how to do it.
            Or maybe ball joint spacers to match the height of the rear?
            [/QUOTE

3rd gens do NOT have Torsion bars to wind.
            Сви можемо

Comment

Oops, sorry, I didn't know that.
              Maybe you'll have to go for the ball joint spacers then... I personally don't mind it for the rear to be slightly higher, it soon evens out under some load.

Comment

The rear of mine sits perfect,it's the front that's sagged.
                Had an email from them today so ill give them a shout tomorrow and send some pics.

Comment

I had a full roughtrax lift, The ride was terrible, and it sagged so much I reverted to factory springs, and coil spacers.

I now run the Toytec Lift coilovers and bilsten/OME rear springs, the ride is as good as stock, and the lift is spot on - with extra adjustability if they do settle. The adjustable upper arms also correct the caster/camber, so it feels like stock to drive too (allbeit with a higher centre of Gravity)
                  More Lift.
                  More Tyres.
                  More Engine.

Comment

Working...
                  X