Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a little bit peeved

Hmmmm
    As some of you know just bought the Mrs a motor to cut down on the very pricey commute using the Surf.

Well it would appear that the car has "just developed" a substantial oil leak.
    After stripped out the air box and piping and removing the cam cover it is obvious the oil pump seal has failed.

Awaiting a response from the seller to get his views on the subject.....
    Grrrr
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

That didn't last long....

Comment

Genuinely sorry to hear that. I don't buy vehicles very often, and I only buy 2nd hand and usually pretty old stuff too, and I invariably spend the first couple of months of ownership hoping that something like this doesn't happen. In 40+ years Ive been very lucky in that respect.
      Сви можемо

Comment

Was it a private sale?
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by andyverran View Post
          That didn't last long....
          Lol or not, yeah you're right, perhaps I should have used one of your dealers down that road.

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
          Genuinely sorry to hear that. I don't buy vehicles very often, and I only buy 2nd hand and usually pretty old stuff too, and I invariably spend the first couple of months of ownership hoping that something like this doesn't happen. In 40+ years Ive been very lucky in that respect.
          Thanks for the concern, and although it is annoying it could be far far worse, it is after all something that can be fixed....

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          Was it a private sale?

Yes it was a "private sale " via eBay but, and it is a quite a crucial but, it was advertised as having "The car drives really nice with out any faults whats so ever "
          Which clearly it does.

I think that I will be happy if;
          I get my money returned and the scrote takes the car back.
          or
          He gets the bits so I can have it repaired(probably by me).

Or I see him in front of a judge.

But I will give him some time to contact me to sort it.
          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

What did you buy
            ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
              What did you buy
              A leaky old piece of sh1t

You will laugh, so I'm not saying

Vauxhall Astra
              Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

ENIS......
                ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
                  ENIS......
                  TY

I was really really really looking forward to not having another "hobby".

I just know the scumbag who sold it is going to disappear.
                  And I know that all I have to look forward to this weekend is stripping off the cambelt dropping the sump pulling out the oil pump....
                  "what I call such fun"

How is life treating you on the edge of The Plain?
                  Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post

TY

I was really really really looking forward to not having another "hobby".

I just know the scumbag who sold it is going to disappear.
                    And I know that all I have to look forward to this weekend is stripping off the cambelt dropping the sump pulling out the oil pump....
                    "what I call such fun"

How is life treating you on the edge of The Plain?
                    Good luck chap, my Vauhall is very rusty (pun intended), happy to drink virtual tea and laugh while you vent lol.

Vauxhall mechanic was my first job out of school 27 years ago...I was rubbish lol.

eBay won't help you where cars are concerned, I tried with the Surf as it happens, a judge might not help either if the seller could reasonably claim not to have known (however unrealistic).

A solicitor once gave me some advice regarding suing, "If no one got hurt, put it down to experience and get over it" .. and he didn't charge for that.

Comment

Working...
                    X